I thought I should put something positive on my blog! I have so much to be grateful for with my little Reese. She is HEALTHY! I have had so many friends and family lately go through some hard times when it comes to this baby making business and so I decided I needed to stop and smell the roses.
I am finally getting some energy. It's a Christmas Miracle! It makes pregnancy almost enjoyable when your not throwing up AND you have energy!
Reese is moving like crazy! I love this part of pregnancy. It's definitely the time I feel most bonded to my baby. I feel like I start to learn who they are. Reese so far has shown me that she doesn't like her space invaded. She will wake me up in the night with her frantic kicks if I have rolled onto my tummy of if my arm is to heavily laid across my belly... it makes me laugh. If I lean against the counter or am in a bent over position (picking up Irey's millions of toys around the house) for too long, she wont hesitate to let me know!
Irey is already a very adoring big sister. She will get close to my belly and talk in the high pitched, squeeky voice, Helllloooo Baby Reesey! How are you dooooing in there? You want a baba with some milk?! I won't lie, this just melts me into a puddle! She is always sharing her blanky and wants to give my belly hugs and kisses. I can only imagine how "loved" (or man-handled) Baby Reese will feel once Irelyn can really get a hold of her.
Although I am getting more and more uncomfortable with my back and extreme amount of pressure down low (i know, TMI) from carrying Reese so low, I am over all feeling great and can't wait to start getting ready for this little gal to come.
Speaking of getting ready...
I want, I want, I want...
Now that I am not focusing so much my energy on Salon stuff and Christmas stuff, because those things are mostly taken care of, I am starting to think baby...
And there are of course the needs for a baby but since I am having another girl at the exact same time of year the whole "need" factor really isn't there... but, oh, I do want! And I can't seem to get the wanting off my mind...

2. A diaper bag that doesn't look like a diaper bag! I don't want a purse because it doesn't have all the neat compartments made just for the things you need like a actual diaper bag does. And I like the long straps and convenience of a diaper bag, just not the diaper bag look. Plus, I need something sturdy. I am sure with TWO kids, things will need to be TWICE as sturdy.

3. A HANDS FREE BREAST PUMP! Ok, I cant even begin to say this is a need because I have a double breast pump that is just like this one, other then the fact it IS NOT hands free. This little model came out like a month after I bought mine. I envy the fact that you could do you hair while pumping. It's just mean I spent just as much money as this one and mine isn't even half as cool! Oh well, at least I have a nice pump, right?!

4. Cute Burp cloths. My cute ones from the last time are beyond washing recovery! You wear these things over your shoulder like 75% of the day so they should at least be cute!

5. Baby Bedding! My husband cannot fathom WHY I need NEW baby bedding. I can't think of a good enough excuse other then I am sick of the old one?! PLUS, I was 19, which means my logical judgment wasn't completely there yet. PLUS PLUS, there is SO much cuter bedding out there that I am now more aware of! I want something super DUPER cute and girly because what if this was my last girl I EVER had?! I need to go out with a bang, dontcha think!? The best part of getting ready for the baby is the nursery anyways.


7 comments:
We pretty much have the same list and I keep justifying everything saying this will most likely be my last baby. I ace a good pump too and since I will be pumping exclusively for the next couple months I wanted a hands frees one. My nurse told me today about a hands free pumping bra. They sell it here at the baby gift shop. She said it is amazing I will let you know what I think about it. Glad you are feeling better and Reese is doing well.
A nursing cover- they had quite a few where you just pay shipping (it's out of Lehi- so if you live in Lehi, I don't think there was even shipping)- I got one and I don't even have kids. It's for the future sometime. ha. but I will have to get you the site!
i just love you blog, but i wanted to tell you that if you have a sewing machine the burp rags are a PIECE OF CAKE to make! and so much cheaper than buying them. i love making them they are so fun. I dont see you anymore now that you moved an dont come into crest (sorry, i stalk your blog!) but if you want to know how let me know. or i can make you some!! they are so fun. and you look so cute
A pump hands-free is such a nice thing to have. I just took a sports bra and cut holes in it. I feel like it holds everything together so well and it's so nice to be able to move around while I take care of that task. I like the nursing cover for pumping, too. I'll admit that I had to pump in the car on the way to St. George once, it was so nice to have the cover handy for that.
We got our bedding online at eBay. There are vendors on there who sell so many pieces for just $50, there are so many styles and they have them on every 12 hours so if you're somehow outbid you can just wait for the next one and pay the lowest price.
I'm excited for you and so glad you're feeling better!
I love the ideas!
Teresa, let me know about that bra... seems way cheaper then a whole new pump!
Sarah, Please let me know of the place! I love in Pg so I am not too far from Lehi!
Jacqui, watch out I may just have you make me a bunch!
Staci, great idea with the sports bra... I love the craftiness everyone has!
Do you check out babysteals.com? They have great prices on lots of the things on your list. Also Etsy would have some as well!
I'm so happy you are getting some energy back! That is so cute the ways that Reese responds to you invading her space. Ah! I can't wait to feel that someday!
Never knew there was such a thing as a hands free breast pump - wow - we're lucky to live with such cool stuff. I'll be adding that to my list for someday!
Post a Comment