Wednesday, February 29, 2012

New Years 2011-2012

For New Year's this year my whole family spent the weekend at a friends cabin...
11 Adults, 2 seven year olds, 3 three year olds, 1 eighteen month old, and 2 babies....
It was fun, loud, chaotic, crazy, and full of good memories, to me, the perfect way to bring in the New Year:)









 Riding 4-wheelers together, so much fun!
 Eating some good treats
 Attempting to play some games with the girls... We were only able to when we successfully bribed the kids to bug their dads or play else where;)
 Brandon had a crazy holiday season with UPS... he tired to catch up on sleep whenever he could find a corner to crash in:( at least he was awake for midnight.

  
 These little cute monkey PJ twins were fast asleep before midnight. We did a pre-celebration with them so they wouldn't feel left out.
 
 sistas and the mama, PARTY!

 This was our 6th New Years eve together! We met for the very first time on New Years and I guess you could say he is lucky because each year has been better and better ever since:) 

2011 has had some major blessings, such as my sweet baby Reese coming to join the family. The past year as also had some major hurdles. Grandpa Schroeppel passed away. I have been fighting a chronic sickness. Brandon enduring his crazy schedule! I am not going to lie, this year has been my hardest yet. The tests and challenges we have had to endure as a family has really shown us what we are made of. Although things have been more burdensome, I cannot for one moment not acknowledge the out pouring of blessings! I have a family that I am proud of, I have a house that is my HOME (something I haven't had for a really long time), I am a successful business owner (even though it's a tiny little business cutting hair from my house, I am good at what I do and I can contribute to my families income by doing it, not to mention I LOVE it so yes, it's a HUGE blessing for me), I have sisters, friends, and parents who make my love colorful and entertaining! Not to mention I often find my load made lighter by these amazing people! I know I have a Heavenly Father who knows my by name, loves me even with my faults, He never gives up hope for me, and He NEVER lets me fall and not get back up! No matter what the journey, hard to travel or coasting, I know I don't have to look to hard to see why life is a gift.
I look back at 2011 as a very bitter-sweet year but I feel blessed to stand where I am today, a stronger better person. I am looking forward to 2012! I am already starting the year off healthier then when I ended and we have some BIG and EXCITING things on the horizon! I am taking advantage of every moment for each moment I have lost being stuck sick in bed! 
Happy New Year! I hope 2012 is better then ever!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When you say "BIG and EXCITING things on the horizon" everyone is just going to automatically assume you mean pregnancy. Unless you are- and this is how you're telling me, I'm going to hurt you....

I've heard SO many people say 2011 was an awful year for them. Sounds like many are due for an AWESOME 2012. You especially.
Love you Kys!!