Monday, February 9, 2009

Weekend at the Cabin

This weekend we had the pleasure of going to a cabin with our good friends Garett and Lisa. It was a lot of fun. We went snowmobiling and sledding down this giant hill just outside their cabin. Irey was loving the snow. It was her first real snow experience.

At first she didn't know what to think of it. Then we she started to figure it out, all she wanted to do is crawl around in it. This was her cute snow outfit that grandma Blackwell gave her for Christmas.
This is the "hill of death" I will call it. Lisa and I went sledding down it for the first time together. About half way down we rolled under our tube and the rest of the way down the mountain, and when I looked at Lisa this is what I saw...

Ain't she pretty? Well she is in real life but this picture was so funny! When I saw her I couldn't stop laughing! She was a good sport and went in front on the tube. Needless to say she got the worst of the snow in her face! It was a blast even if when we got white-washed!
Brandon fed Irelyn some snow, she didn't know what to think. In the end she liked it, we couldn't stop her from keep putting it in her mouth. It was really fun to see her firgure out snow for the first time. It's been around all season but she really hasn't had the chance to experience it. She loved sledding and ridding on the snowmobile. She is fearless, so the crazier the better.

It was just what we needed. A fun weekend to get a way with our little family and some good friends. We ate, played, slept, and of course ate some more (yea I should just give up my 100 bucks now). It was so refreshing. Thank Gar and Lisa for the invite, it was a blast.

8 comments:

Holly Walker-Thaxton said...

that would be so fun! aw your daughter looks so adorable in her little snow outfit! :) cute little snow bunny. you have the cutest little family! love you kylie!!

April McEvoy said...

sounds like a fun weekend! Irey looks so cute all bundled up in her snow suit :)

Dave and Corey Johnson said...

How fun. Irelyn gets cutier every time I see a picture of her.

Anonymous said...

Irey is such a cute little snow bunny. How fun. Glad you got to go.

kelsey and murray said...

Darling pics! I am glad little Irey liked the snow and I am glad that you guys had a fun weekend!!!

Courtney said...

Ireys snow outfit is adorable! A little get away sure does sound nice right now. Looks like you guys had a lot of fun!!

Cami said...

looks like fun! And Kylie...YOU never look bad! ggeezz....always so cute!

* Gar * Lis * Charly * said...

Oh man that picture where I look like a snowman kills me! We had so much fun with you guys, thanks again for going with us...we will do it again soon!