Why does it take what feels like forever for a baby to get here?
I spent months sick, on my deathbed, anxiously awaiting the arrival of Irelyn. One day POOF, like magic (magic that involved some good medicine) she was here.From the moment I held her for the first time to this moment right now, as I rocked her to sleep, it was as quick as a blink! My tiny newborn who would barley open her eyes, now wont shut her eyes in fear of missing anything. My little baby who would not sleep a blink with out a binky now acts offended if you offer it to her.
I feel like this past 11 months was not long enough to savor every giggle or the first time she sat up or when she laughed and then when she crawled, and when she said mama for the first time and I knew that she knew I was HER mama! There is not enough hours in the day to sit around and laugh at the many facial expressions or her funny dance moves or to watch her as she is in awe that she now faces forward in the car or to see her figure out, yes that is ME in the mirror. I have loved every moment of her life but....
Why are babies only babies for two seconds but a teenager seems to last a eternity?
I was going to do my usual thing and post that Irey is now 11 months. But she is now almost ONE! Somehow the time slipped away from me. More then just time to record all the neat things she is doing but the time to soak up every moment of her baby days. I am always excited for the next stage to begin but there is a sad place in my heart that knows that those days wont ever happen again. The days when I held her till she sleep is a distant memory to these days that I read her books which will become, before I know it, the days I sit up till midnight waiting for her to come home.
Why does my baby have to get so big!?

9 comments:
oh kylie, i know how you feel! treasure every moment, it does go by too fast.
Meg
So true!! The baby days are never long enough. And the prenancy days are way too long!!!!
Love your writing KY!! I feel like you were just 5 yesterday!!
Love you!
Megs
it is so ture. Sometimes I just watch MaeLee and cry!! I hate that she changes everyday...and yet, I look forward to the knew adventures!
You nailed it! It is so exciting to watch them grow, but it does happen way too fast! Before you know it she'll be four like my little one. Its crazy
Thanks Kys! I am way excited. All of your cute, fun posts keep getting me even MORE excited! Derek is ecstatic about it also. :-) Don't worry, I will keep updates on everything! How was new york? it looks like it was a blast! Can you believe Irey is almost ONE!!
Ky, I just love your writing! You seem to say it all so well. I feel exactly the same way about Maizie! Why can't we just pause them for a minute to savor them?
It does go by fast and the sad thing is it will just keep going by even faster! Time for another one! JK
Its crazy how fast they grow! Irey is such a doll- I can't believe how big she is getting
Post a Comment