Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Labor Day in St. George

This weekend Irey, Jenessa (lil' sis), her friend Kelly, and myself decided last minuet to go down to our parents house in St. George.
Basically all we did all weekend was swim at the pool. It was very low key and just what I needed.

Aunt Jen with Irey in her hated life jacket... that didn't last long.

My parents were suppose to come down Saturday but my grandma went into the hospital again so they didn't come down till Sunday. So Saturday night I was stuck with these two girls to entertain... feel bad for me? Well you should, they are CRAZY! Oh but so much fun. Just good to remind me High School was good for a while but I am SO glad it's over!

Sunday my parents made it and to my joy, brought my hubbers with them. He was staying behind because he didn't want to miss out on BYU vs. Oklahoma. His best friend was planning a big to do. In case you live under a rock and didn't know BYU won 14-13. It was an amazing game because everyone thought we didn't have a prayer... it's going to be a good year!
Our little fam handging at the pool. Irey loves swimming with dad.

Irey thinking she is so cool in dad's sunglasses. She worships him, I just love it!

Ok so anyone who knows me, knows I typically have my fountain drink not to far from my side. Irey always wants some and I never let her have and because she is one and she does not need all that sugar and caffeine, not that I do either but that is besides the point. So fountain drinks to Irey are like gold.
While I was laying out Irey was pointing to my drink as if she wanted some and of course I said no. Well next thing I know she is taking off with my 32 oz. drink under her arm. You could tell she was really proud of herself.

And then she just starts swigging away as if it was hers all along. It was so cute seeing this tiny girl walking around with a drink half the size of her under her arm. I thought, well it's a vacation for her too, so being a naughty mommy, I let her have it.

Then she makes herself comfy next to gma and drinks away. We all thought it was pretty cute. It's funny how kids can entertain you so easily.



3 comments:

Travis and Teresa Wilson said...

She is so dang cute. Her hair is getting so long so fast. I am pretty sure Boston will never have that think of hair. You guys are a darling family.

derek and kimber said...

She is too cute! I love all of her hair!!

Valerie Hall said...

such a cute little family!