A: Life is crazy working, being a mom, and having a lime size fetus growing in my tummy;)
B: I am sick of being sick and this pregnancy offers no sign of relief to being sick in the near future.
C: Due to the constant sickness, I take pictures of nothing, I do nothing, and Irey watching Dora all day while I lay in bed is just sad!
BUT all that being said... with Irey in my life, pregnancy, house hunting, and work there is always something to blog about!
Irey-
Where to begin with this child.... The sicker I get, honestly the better she is. EVERYTHING she does makes me smile and I think I would be in a deep state of depression if it weren't for this ray of sunshine to brighten my day! She says the funniest things (well, I think so) for example:
With my grandma passing away my family has been through a lot emotionally. My mom was talking/crying to me on the day my grandma died and said,"I feel like I got hit by a truck." Well Irey, who forever will be the one who always lightens the mood, says in a very concerned voice, "Oh no, grandma got hit by a truck!?" So we laughed and let her think that this happened because her reaction was so funny. She told everyone that grandma Jackie got hit by a truck, making very sad people smile.
Fast forward two weeks. My mom is sitting on a chair and asks Irey to come give her loves because she is sad. Irey asks,"Did you get hit by a truck?" my mom laughs and says yes, then Irey says very matter of fact, "Grandma you should stay out of the street." hahah, she is two! I love it! And I am relieved to know that she is really grasping the idea that cars will hit you if your in the street.
The last time Gma was in the hospital
Irey adores the idea of me having this baby. She is always lifting up my shirt and talking to the baby aka: my tummy. She shares her blanky with the baby/my tummy and is always trying to share her sippy or food with my because she grasped the idea that the baby eats what I eat and is very willing to share. I LOVE it and am super excited to bring a baby home to a anxious Irey. I know there will be jealousy and some serious adjusting but Irey is such a nurturing and mothering little girl, I know she will just think of this baby as her own and not a sibling and try to take over.
We had a lot of family staying over when my grandma passed so Irey gave her bed up. She bunked with us and because of that was lucky enough to stay up late one night and watch dad play his new game. Now both of them are nerds, lol!
And if I may, just brag a little more... I swear Irey is SO smart. Don't know how it happened but I am here to tell ya, there is little that gets past this little girls understanding. She wants to know EVERYTHING about this world around her and absorbs it ALL and just GETS it! Now if she could potty train herself (because I refuse to try again, I will someday tell THAT story) she could be my child genius!
Pregnancy-
Blah!
BLAH!!!
Don't get me wrong, I feel so blessed to be pregnant. I feel so blessed for a so far healthy baby and just one, because for a second we thought it was two, yikes. I just hate feeling sick all the time. I just hate that I feel like my life is falling apart and I am barely holding it together because, well... Brandon is holding it together for me! Did I mention lately that I love him OH SO MUCH!?
The 10 week baby bump.
I can't believe how much faster I have shown with #2!
I have my first official prenatal check up this up coming Tuesday! I will be 12 weeks on Sunday so at this check up I will get to hear the heartbeat, I love that! And the following week I will find out the gender.
WHAT!?
Yea I am super lucky and have a friend who works at the hospital and does ultrasounds. You can find out the gender at 13 weeks (I did this with Irey too) and so she is sneaking me in for a peak. This friend of mine use to work for the OB I use to go to and she was the one who found Irey's CCAM. Because she did SO many scans on Irey we became close and now she is nice enough to scan me again for this little one!As far as gender, we are thrilled with whatever. A boy would be exciting and new, but we would have a lot to buy and it is for sure uncharted territory for me. A girl is safe and comfortable. Plus having sisters, it would thrill me for Irey to have a sister only 3 years a part. But like I said, happy with what we get (it's not like I can send it back, jk) and I just pray for a healthy little baby.
House Hunting... it never ends-
At one time we had offers on 7 different short sales (we were feeling desperate). But because it's such a emotional roller coaster we decided to buckle down and get picky, decide what we really want and whats really important and go for it. This means more waiting and it feels riskier because instead of taking the first offer that comes up, we just sit and wait for the ONE offer we really want to make happen.
So now, we only have one offer on one house is PG that we love. This is possibly the slowest moving bank ever and so far we are 3 months in, still waiting to hear back.
I love this house so much and when I say it's emotional, unless you have been through it, you would never know how emotional it really is! For me this house is everything and the ONLY thing I would change is the dining area to be a little bigger but when the rest of the house is everything you want, you got to give and take.
Front of house
Office/living room
Family Room
My favorite part, the Kitchen
I have posted about other houses, and man oh man have we liked a LOT. But the longer we play this short sale game, the better and better our options get. So I know that once we are finally in a home we will look back and be so happy we did this. Right now, it's best not to think too much about it or I will just cry.
That is the ONE good thing about a sick pregnancy, you don't think much about houses or anything really.
Brandon and Kylie-
We are working A LOT but love it.
Work for me is awesome, I have been more consistent with clients and busier then ever. I finally feel like I hit a point in my career where I don't worry about staying busy, I am busier then I even want to be sometimes but you will never hear me complain! It's a good feeling to know that 5 years of hard work is really paying off. Especially when you have kids in the middle of your career, it's nice to know I wasn't set back to much and I keep moving forward. Doing hair will always be my escape, sense of self, and something I take great pride in doing. I don't want to ever stop so I am glad that I have been able to build a good clientele in this economy. Who could ask for anything more? Ok, If we are asking for stuff... I really can't wait to have my OWN salon!
Brandon is loving the supervisor position at UPS, which by the way if you ask Irey she says ooPS and says dad is a supertizer, oh man I love it! His job at Apply is amazing. He has the best boss and really chill co-workers, one of them is as obsessed with BYU football as Brandon is. Which leads me to my next topic...
BYU football is here and Brandon couldn't be happier. Win or loose he is one die hard fan and it has grown on me and I am starting to find it very endearing!
We are surviving, thriving, and enjoying life together and I couldn't ask for a better right hand man to go along with me.




7 comments:
So I'll include myself in the "nerd" club because it was obvious to me that Irey was watching Brandon play Halo Reach. :) I'm so glad that you guys are doing well and that things are going well for you! The house looks great, I hope that you're able to get it if you're supposed to get it - if that makes sense. You look great and I hope you start feeling better. I'm excited to hear what you're having! Irey will be such a fun older sister! Hopefully you'll start feeling better soon!
HAHA I love that you could see what game it was! Well tell Brad (and yourself) that this is what you have to look forward to when your little girl is 2!
Congratulations Kylie!!! Oh how exciting that you're having your second :) But so not fun being sick, I hope you feel better so because that is just miserable. That is AWESOME you can find out the gender at 13 weeks!.... looks like I need to find myself some friends at the hospital :)
Anyway, Irey is so big and cute and smart. She's a doll :)
I don't know if you remember me from high school but I saw your cute blog and cute family and wanted to say hi. Congrats on baby #2 that is super exciting. The house you put an offer on was actually some of our best friends. It's a gorgeous house and the husband put so so so much work into it. He was in construction and with the economy they barely lived in that house. So I hope you guys get it and can love it and enjoy it!!
congrats on baby#2 Kylie! Irey sounds like she will be a super good big sissy. she s adorable!! you look great too momma!!
thanks for a fun update! i sure hope the house situation works out for you guys- that would be awesome! ps you are such a cute prego woman.
I love that Irey is so excited for a sibling. She is going to be such a great help. Brandon says that she prays 'bess bittny and mike house' haha I love that little girl. I hope you get feeling better soon and that this doesn't last your whole pregnancy!
I know how you feel about the house situation, to an extent! Hope something works out soon for the both of us! :) We miss you guys!
Post a Comment