Monday, March 21, 2011

37 weeks- Baby Showers

Still surviving! When people ask how you feel, you know it's just out of the goodness of their hearts because you can take one look at my HUGE belly and swollen cankles and guess at how awesome I am feeling. Not to mention, anytime my husband watches me walk he gets into a laughing fit. Between my back and a baby taking over my body, I must have the WORST waddle in the world. I waddle when I am not pregnant because of my back, so imagine what I look like at 8 1/2 months! It's a good thing I can laugh at myself... I have been very entertained.

37 weeks

I gotta say, I am blessed with some AMAZING friends. I had a few mini-showers. Not like I needed any stuff because I am having another girl in the same month, but I LOVE that cute little Reese got some stuff to call her own.
My Bunco group threw me a little shower a few weeks ago and spoiled me with bows, cute outfits, and some of the things I didn't have last time like a nursing cover.
Our favorite baker, Stacy who works at Macey's, made me a darling cake for my shower.

Meg's mom also made me a beautiful blanket that I got as part of the group gift.

I am sad I didn't get a pic with all my beautiful Bunco gals but if you need to know about them you can look at our Bunco blog here!

I also had a shower with my salon/high school/married friends! Again I got spoiled!
 They gave me SO many cute gifts. I didn't get a pic with everyone, but this was the majority of gals there!

It was just nice to go out to dinner with my girls before I have this baby! Thanks sisters for throwing the Bunco shower, and Kelsey and Lisa, you are the best, thanks for throwing me a little friend shower! I feel OH so loved!

My mother dearest has been spoiling little Reese and I. I have been looking for diaper bags for a while now and I was really liking the Petunia Pickle Bottom ones and I was set on getting one. Then I got to thinking... I really hated the whole diaper bag thing because I hated switching back and forth between diaper bag and purse so I really wanted one that could be pulled off as a purse but function as a diaper bag. Well instead of getting the diaper bag that every one has (and for good reason, they ARE wonderful) I found this bag and I thought it made a happy compromise. And my mom was so kind to get it for me!

She also got me a DARLING little outfit and these OH SO CUTE socks. I just go in Reese's room and look at those socks and just get so anxious for her to get here so they can adorn her little feet!


My mother-in-law is a saint and has been slaving away making Reese's baby bedding. I will show pictures when the bedding is complete and you can see the nursery all put together. My mother-in-law is amazing at sewing! She made Reese these ADORABLE little booties. I seriously think she may regret showing me what she can do because I want some of these cuties is 10 different patterns!

Needless to say, I am READY! The hospital bag is packed... 3 weeks early, haha. I had Irey at 38 weeks so I know every sing;e day over 38 weeks is going to feel like I am over due, even though I still have two weeks! I have a doctors appointment tomorrow... let us hope that there is some action going on, not that it really means much, but at least it will make me feel better!

8 comments:

Justin and Ashley said...

Where did that super cute bag come from??? I love it!

Eric and Shayly said...

I am so excited fo your!! If is almost here and you still look so dang cute!! Your baby is going to be so cute. Ps. Eric just saw Irelyn and said "she is so cute and looks like she is a funny little girl!!" haha i thought it was way cute and thought I should share it with you!! Good luck:)

The Pynes said...

kylee! I am getting so excited for you to have baby reese. I'm excited to see pics of your baby. Ha I'm also getting excitedd because I know when you have your baby I am not to far behind you. 11 more week for me. It sounds long and it is and I am DYING!! I'm super jealous of you. I want my baby here. But you look so good and so pretty. I love your blog also!

McKenzie... said...

Your getting so close! You look fabulous. I love all the fun girly gifts you've recieved. Where did you find that adorable purse/diaper bag??? I love it.

Kylie Blackwell said...

The diaper bag is from Nordstrom. I don't know where else they sell that brand but that's where I got it:)

kelsey and murray said...

its getting closer!! so excited for her to make her entrance into the world! love the fun girly stuff and i can't wait to see how the bedding turned out!

Chantelle Olsen Peavler said...

You look darling! I am so excited for you! The birthing process is my favorite thing in the whole world and I am so jealous that you get to be doing that soon...hopefully for you - sooner than later! Good luck with everything! I can't wait to see that little beauty queen!

preston. shawnee. cohen. said...

You're getting SO close, how exciting!!!! And seriously how sweet of all those girls to have showers for you... cause it's not very often you get showers with your second baby! You totally lucked out! Good luck with the next few weeks, excited to hear how it all goes :)