Friday, March 11, 2011

Baby Reese- The Final 4 weeks!

I can't believe I am ALMOST DONE! 4 weeks left! I am more then ready to be done.

35 weeks

I wish I could say I am one of those people who love to be pregnant and just really enjoy it but these past two pregnancies have been a matter of survival more then anything. I am VERY grateful that I am able to get pregnant and have a healthy baby, no matter how miserable I become, I will never stop remembering how blessed I am.

Some things I loved about this pregnancy:
  • She is a mover. Her back to always turned out so no one else has felt her move a lot but you can see her do some crazy bouncing around in there. She is most active right before bed and always makes Brandon and I laugh. She hates when I sleep on my side and kicks frantically but that's the only way I can sleep...
  • It has been SO nice to have a healthy pregnancy. So simple. So uncomplicated. A LOT LESS stressful!
  • I only threw up a few times, which was a monumental accomplishment considering I think I almost died last time I was pregnant.
  • I have been, or at least I feel  like I have been, a lot less emotional. I think there are a lot of reasons why I have felt more balanced this time around but I know whatever the reason, Brandon is VERY grateful. I think it helps to not have the stress of a high risk pregnancy. I love being normal.
Some struggles this pregnancy:
(forgive me if this is a longer list)
  • Having a 2 year old. Although Irey has been great, chasing after a 2 year old still has is challenges being pregnant.
  • Varicose veins. I have heard of them now I know ALL about them intimately. They are painful and they are scary looking. And I pray fervently they disappear!
  • Acid reflux, worst pain of my life... ever. 
  • Heart burn... I have traded in the acid reflux for heart burn, I am happy to make the trade. I truly believe there is a link between heart burn and your baby having hair, we shall see.
  • Back pain. I have always had back problems but from 20 weeks on this back pain has become a increasing problem. I am at the point now that it affects every movement I  make. I have done several things for it, now I am in physical therapy until this cute little gal is born. I feel like last time I had to survive throwing up and this time I have to survive the chronic back pain... I am learning with each child I have, I am stronger then I know. My biggest worry is that this back problem will effect the number of kids I am able to have.
I am glad that I am on the final 4 weeks. I keep a snail like pace at getting things done to get ready for the baby just so it takes up time and keeps me distracted. Thankfully I have clients everyday to keep me busy and then a billion things around that. I love planning and preparing so I am enjoying that aspect of my last 4 weeks, that's for sure.

The VBAC (vaginal birth after c-section):
I am trying to do this VBAC thing. I had a emergency c-section with Irey and even though I had a great recovery and all that I just feel really strong about doing the VBAC. It would be MUCH easier to just choose to do the c-section because at no point will they be able to give me Pitocine to help induce my labor and are likely to not be able to give it to me during labor. Pitocine makes your contract a lot harder then your body naturally does on it's own so for me, having had been cut into before, where I was cut is weaker and if I contract too hard I could rupture the wall causing a LOT of scary problems. So to sum up I have to go into labor ALL on my very own and I have to progress on my own. Lets hope my body is up to the challenge!

So lets pray that these next 4 weeks past quickly and lets pray even  harder that 4 weeks is only like 2 or 3!

4 comments:

Tamra said...

I don't believe in the more hair with heart burn stuff. I had it pretty bad and all my babies were pretty much bald! But then again, it sounds like I didn't have it as bad as you did/do. I can't believe you're 4 weeks away! And, by the way, you look GREAT!!! Good luck with everything and let us know how it goes!

Chantelle Olsen Peavler said...

You look awesome! Your such a cute prego! I got really bad varicose veins with Adi and they DID go away after pregnancy, so no worries! The unfortunate thing is that they will get worse with every pregnancy! Oh the joys of being pregnant! Also my sister-in-law did a VBAC on her second baby and everything went fabulous! So good luck!

Travis and Teresa Wilson said...

The final countdown! So excited for you. You look amazing I can't wait to see what she looks like. I am always so curious with a repeat gender. Good luck

D'Laina said...

It was good seeing you today! You look awesome! I had a C-SECTION with Eth cause he was breech so I didn't have a choice and with Brock I had a choice VBAC or not...I went back and forth but by the end I was so over being prego so I just got a csection...but I sorta wished I would have at least tried a VBAC oh well too late now! Good luck!