Every mom says it... but I can't believe how fast Irelyn has grown up!
She is such a big girl now!
Since we knew it would be a big adjustment for Irey to now share all the attention with Reese, we couldn't help but spoil her a bit this year. So her Birthday went like this...
She woke up and I made her favorite breakfast, chocolate chip waffles! We did whatever she wanted to do, went on a walk, watched Sponge Bob, colored pictures, whatever she thought would be fun and I did my best to entertain her.
At one point in the morning, I was running out of energy and gave her the basketball hoop her dad picked out for her. YUP, as much as that girl loves dolls, barbies, and all things girly she loved that basket ball hoop equally as much! Her dad was so proud!
We went to lunch at her FAVORITE place, Chick-fil-a. Daddy met up with us too and that made it extra special! She got to play with the random kids there, good thing she makes fast friends, and then we got a ice cream cone and headed home for a much needed nap.
When Irey woke up from her nap she came down stairs to find her gift from mommy waiting for her in the living room, a set of table and chairs. She has a play kitchen in her room and loves to make her dolls food and so I thought her little kitchen needed a table to sit at!
I love this picture of Irey and Reese! Love having sisters, so much fun.
Then we packed up the car and headed to Pirate Island Pizza for a little family party. She had all her cousins there and BOTH grandma's and grandpa's as well as all her aunts and uncles. She is one loved little girl.
Of course we had to get a cake by Stacey. Last year I tried to make my own and it was a epic failure, so I left it to the pros and it turned out to be the freaking cutest cake ever! And of course it is SO Irey so she naturally loved it.
It was a great family party! Normally the family party is all we do but Irey, being a social little butterfly, kept talking about a birthday party like Dora and I couldn't resist! So we had a PRINCESS Birthday party and all the girls invited dressed up like a princess for the party!
We had Chloe,
Gracie with mom Amy,
Hallie with mom Jamie,
Kennah with mom Taunya,
and Bently with mom Ashli!
This was a cute and fun group of princesses!
We ate pizza first off because the girls were hungry, then we decorated princess crowns and all the girls had princess stickers, flowers, rhinestones, and markers to decorate their crowns and make it their own!
Hallie and Bently made crowns but weren't wearing them
Then we went on a special Quest/ Scavenger hunt to help some princesses. They helped Sleeping Beauty find some "special" sunglasses to help her not be so sleepy and as a prize they got sunglasses of their own. They helped Ariel find her voice that the mean Ursula stole from her and the reward was their own party blowers that made "music". Then they helped Jasmine find her diamonds in the Cave of Wonders and found their own Ring Pops to have for themselves. And at the very last they helped Belle find her way back to the Castle to save the Beast where they also found their very own princess pails full of treats!
Then it was time for some presents! Irey has very good friends who gave her such cute gifts! She got a doll with long hair and a lot of hair accessories so she she can be like mom and style hair too, thanks Hallie. Gracie gave her a playdough set that is a Ice Cream shop, love it. Chloe gave her a strawberry shortcake doll that smells so yummy. She loved her Tangled barbie and the dress up accessories that Kennah got for her. And sweet little Bently got Irey a Snow White dancing barbie as well as a princess coloring book and new markers!
After ALL that the girls had worked up a need for some sugar, so we had our cupcakes and ice cream. I am not gunna lie, I had a lot of fun decorating them! The girls were suppose to be able to decorate their own cupcakes too but we ran out of time, maybe next year.
The party turned out great and was a LOT of fun! Irey, needless to say, had a great birthday!
Brandon and I have both had a hard time seeing another year pass by and how big our little Irey is getting. She is SO big and GROWN UP it is scary! We just try to savor every moment (the good ones at least) between on birthday to the next because it really does go by way too fast.
5 comments:
What a cutie! I can't believe she is 3.
ah ; ) you're such a cute mommy! Ry had a princess party for her 3rd bday too. Brings back good memories. The time goes by WAY too fast...wish there was something we could do about that ; )
She is completely darling and growing up so much! I love the sister picture. You have such precious girls - and sisters really are the best.
That is crazy that she is 3, but so awesome! You did an amazing job with her party, I will be put to shame when I throw Katelyn's parties but that is okay. You guys are such an awesome family!!
I love the princess theme!! So girlie and so cute!
Post a Comment