Since we weren't going to the Blackwells for Mother's Day, we met up for lunch on Saturday at Goodwood to celebrate with them. Brianna, Brielle, Brandon, and I went in together and got Brenda a gift basket full of her favorite relaxing things. She is in a intense Nursing school program and has hardly anytime to breath so we thought we would encourage her to relax by getting her a gift card to Roberts so she can scrapbook, a gift card to get a mani/pedi, a good book to read, and of course Diet Coke and Risens, her most favorite treats! Brenda gave me my favorite treat of chocolate covered cinnamon bears, she knows the way to my heart... as well as Brandon and Ireys. It's a good thing I like to share.
When we went to leave Goodwood, Brenda and I were just standing on the sidewalk talking when Brandon and Irey come over to us, Brandon was pushing Irey in a double jogging stroller! It was the first time I think I have ever been truly surprised by a gift Brandon has gotten me. I didn't even know how to react. Well now I better put that stroller to use... um, next week, yea next week will be good!
Irey had to hold both our hands and them put them together so we ALL could hold hands! She is just keeping us close ;)
Sunday morning I woke up feeling very refreshed. Brandon put the baby monitor on his side of the bed and woke up with Reese, so I slept 8 STRAIGHT HOURS which was pure heaven! After I rolled out of bed I came down stairs to a very yummy breakfast made by Brandon and Irey. We went to church and almost stayed for the full 3 hours! Then we came home and relaxed as a family. I got to read my book and had a very quiet and undisturbed Sunday afternoon.
For dinner we went to the Schroeppels which Brandon made a very tasty salad for. When I got there my mom and dad gave me a Mother's Day present, a pedicure and shoes! So now my sisters and I can go get us some cute toes and wear our cute shoes. If only people would look at our feet and not our faces they would never know what tired and run down moms we are ;)
Us Blackwells gave my mom a necklace from Busy Biddy (her most favorite store) and a scrapbook kit. She is scrapbooking every time she can sit still long enough to do it so it was fun feed the habit.
Mother's Day is one of my new favorite days of the year! It was such a good weekend being able to spend time with my moms, baby Cooper was born, and Brandon out did himself by making me feel so spoiled and loved!
These two make me love being a mom. Irelyn and Reese are the best things in the world and I feel blessed to have the opportunity to be their mom and be a better person because of them. No one will ever know what a mom does until they become one. There is just too many little things we do each and every day that make our families lives function and work that no one can notice or see. Because I now know what being a mom is all about, it makes me even more grateful for my mom and mother-in-law. Brenda raised one heck of a man and I KNOW it was because of her being a loving, giving, and selfless person she molded the guy I have today. And my mom... with each child I have I grow closer to my mom and feel more grateful to her sacrifices for me. She has always been there at all the times I have needed her most, even when it means dropping everything to help me out. I know we would be lost with out our moms!
To all you mommies out there, for all the unnoticed and unappreciated things you do, it just makes you a better mom... HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!
4 comments:
happy mothers day! i am glad you had a wonderful day. mommies definitely deserve to get spoiled! your girls are lucky to have you as their momma. you look fabulous btw :)
glad you had a happy mothers day. your girls are so so cute** xoxo
So nice that you were spoiled, you deserve it!! It's so nice to be able to be a part of this day, and now you have twice as many kids to celebrate with. :)
Happy Mothers Day! Props to Brandon for all he did to make it a speacial day for you! You deserve it Ky! You are one of the momma's I look up to and I hope I can do half the job with my little one as your do with your girls!
Post a Comment