In four years of marriage Brandon and I have accomplished a lot together. Two homes, two kids, 3 jobs and school... we are a busy and hard working family. So, when I say that it seems like it's been so much longer then 4 years, I am just meaning that I didn't think SO MUCH could fit into 4 short years.
Life is all about enjoying the journey and that much I can say I have done!
We normally don't do much for our anniversary. Our first anniversary we were being sealed in a few days so we just went out to dinner, which was a huge treat because at the time "going out" was something we couldn't afford. Our second year we went to a BYU game... I think? Our third year we celebrated by moving into out house that very day; We did manage to make it to Happy Sumo for some sushi but that was about it.
We are just not big anniversary people. We are big on the everyday "I love you" kind of thing. So this year, since having two kids makes a date super hard, we decided to do a date DAY!
We went to Park City and did the Alpine Coaster. The slide was closed early this year because of blah blah blah! The coaster is not worth what you pay for but it was fun and the most beautiful I have ever seen Park City.
We had every intention of going to some fancy restaurant but by the time it came down to it, I really wanted pizza. And that is the very reason Brandon married me! Just kiddin... kinda
I have eaten at several popular places on Main and didn't like most of them at all. Brandon asked a local person where the best place to get pizza is and the Red Banjo (I think that was the name) was the winner. It was so good. We ordered half the menu and were thrilled with everything.
We stuffed ourselves and then on our way back to the car couldn't resist the temptation for those Rocky Mountain candy apples! We swore we would save it for when we got home but we didn't drive two miles before we ate one. I love eating terribly with this guy; it's amazing we are not terribly over weight!
To conclude our date we head up to the outlets. The lure of the Nike outlet was just what I needed to make this shopping trip equally enjoyable!
Side Note: Something I find very interesting, I shop all the time, yes it's true But I NEVER buy something at full retail price, EVER. I hunt for the clearance and am pretty dang good at it. So when we went to the outlets, I ran into Banana Republic and found TONS of things that I wanted to buy. I found this dress, that was perfect fit, perfect color, and just what I was looking for, not to mention it was on clearance!!! Well I hesitated, and then decided I would just put it on hold and come back for it later... and then talked myself out of going back for it. Now I am so MAD at myself for not getting it because I haven't found anything I like as much since.
Then there is Brandon. He never shops. He HATES shopping. When he does want something he will check out a few places online, and buy it. Or he will go to ONE store, and if he likes it he buys it. But he rarely shops, thank goodness. So while at the outlets he wanted to buy the WHOLE Nike store, and kept saying that its such a good deal because we are at the outlets... Oh Brandon,
lesson 101 on shopping: it not a "good deal" just because it says clearance on it with that bright orange that makes us feel safe and it not a "good deal" just because we are at the outlets.
After some logical thinking he put some of his stuff back but ended up with a lot of cool BYU stuff, because hey, he was running low (insert eyes rolling here).
But at the end of the day his way of shopping made him one happy boy and my way of shopping FAILED and I still wish I would have bought that dress. haha and I thought I was so smart;)
I love marriage, your always wrong even though you know your right.
You get lots of laughs together and someone to share all your tears.
I have never been through harder things and I have never been happier.
It's a lot of sacrifice and work but I wouldn't change a thing and always can smile when I look back and remember!
No comments:
Post a Comment