Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Happenings...

I hate getting behind on blogging. Not because I am sure the few people who read my blog are on pins and needles until my next post BUT because this has become my way of journaling, something that is extremely important to me, and when I get behind, I don't feel like I am really remembering things in the detail and importance I want to. So here is a recap of little happenings in the last few months...


In August my Bunco group went to Park City on a little overnighter. I was planning on staying over night with them BUT I ended up having to come home early due to drama with our rental property, LAME! It was still  a GREAT time even for just going up for the night. We went to dinner on Main st. at some yummy little Mexican place and then to Crazy, Stupid Love at the theater. It felt SO nice to completely get away and enjoy a night out with the girls; It's what keeps this mommy somewhat in my right mind.


I can't say enough about how much I love my Bunco girls. We are all basically related in once sense or another. These are the kind of gals you can rely on NO MATTER WHAT. You can be yourself with out fear of judgment, you have several shoulders to cry on, they make you laugh until you cry every time the group is together. I love them like sisters, which is easy considering half the group are actually my sisters, lol.
Since the beginning of September we have started another BYU season. The first year of marriage I fought it, I knew nothing about football and had no interest in it so I found myself feeling annoyed every Saturday. Brandon is NO dummy, he took the time to teach me all about the game (as much as I could absorb with such little interest) and tried to include me in on it as much as possible. The second year I started learning a little more, and was less annoyed but still not loving what a crazy person my husband was this time of year.  Year three I gave up and embraced it. It was a new team and so I figured it was a good time to get in on this craziness that my husband is ALL about. I learned about players and positions, and those players strengths and weaknesses. I understood more and was tolerating my crazy husband much better. This year, our forth football season, I have found a LOVE for BYU. Not really BYU the university but their football. I have found entertainment value in football for more then just the game. It all started really by listening to 1280 The Zone, only the Red and Blue show that goes from 10-2, Jan Jorgensen and Kyle Gunther are so DANG funny. They make sports interesting and I find myself learning a LOT which makes the game on Saturdays very entertaining for more then just the football aspect! Seriously even if you don't like sports AT ALL, Red and Blue will having you laughing out loud and you might pick up something that you can drop in casual conversation with the hubby and he will think your amazing;)


Now we are a football loving family and I am glad that I can paint Irey's nails while watching our Cougars play. Best of both worlds.

I will never be as crazy as Brandon, he doesn't sit down the WHOLE game. In the picture above we are playing Idaho St., a really crappy team that we could beat if I was the quarterback (ok, not that bad) and Brandon was on his feet the whole time. What a dork, but I love the guy and am learning to find his love  obsession with BYU endearing.

This cute kid, my little brother Colin but really known as C.J., turned 17 on the 23rd of September. I love this kid. I have done a GREAT job raising this kiddo.... my parents are sure lucky they kept me around to help with this guy. I remember when he was a baby, I would rush home from school to be the first one to hold him. As a toddler, Jenessa and I felt bad that he was the only boy and didn't want him to feel left out so we dressed him up in Jen's old Dorthy costume, red wig and all, and paraded him around the neighborhood introducing him as our little sister. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.... right? When he was in elementary school he was obsessed with Toy Story and we watched it like a million times and now I watch it with Irey and remember my little C.J. I entered the teenage stage and he became the annoying little brother; he wasn't really, I was just a brat. I got married he grew up and entered into the teenage stage and really did become annoying and a brat but in a boy way. He grew up some more, emotionally AND physically. We are close again and I love my little brother more then words can say. I LOVE the positive, spiritual, and mostly humble kid that he is. He is Mr. Nice guy and I am proud to call him my brother. I can't believe he is 17 and I am already tearing up at the idea of him leaving me for TWO years to go on a mission... it will be hard on all of us because he does have 5 mothers that love him very much!

C.j., Grandma Schroeppel, and his five mothers;)

 In September and October two of my cute cousins, Haley and Kallie (sisters) got married. Haley got Married on September 22nd, my gma and gpa Hansen's wedding anniversary (gma Hansen passed away a year ago this September), and they got married in the SLC Temple in the same room that gma and gpa got sealed in. It was amazing how it all worked out and I am thrilled for Haley and Corbin. Kallie got married on the 19th of October in the Draper temple to Mr. Reagan Walker. I loved being a part of these happy days and it was even better to be there with all of my family. 
Luke turned 27 on the 18th of October. Luke is with out question one of the best guys I know. He would and has do/done any and everything for friends and family. He never has a mean thing to say about anyone and is the strong silent type that fits in perfectly with our loud obnoxious family. He is the best hunter around, not that I know anything about hunting, but he has a impressive elk hanging in his living room and people always call Luke when they need help scouting their elk, or whatever. All I know is if the world is to end and grocery stores close I am going to his house, he could get us food no problem.

No to mention he was smart enough to marry this blond bomb shell (we share genetics) and she is the definition of greatness. HA and she will hate me for saying it too! I love Luke, he has been around since I was 13 and is as close as it will get for me to have a "big brother"!

Once upon a Sunday we went for a drive in AF canyon. We decided to go up Alpine Loop.
It was beautiful and relaxing. We took Irey's scooter along and she got to get out some energy riding around. Then she kept saying she needed to go potty. Brandon and I laughed and decided now is as good of time as any for her to learn to go potty outdoors. Well I must have not been a very good teacher because it went right down those sticks for legs. Normally Irey FREAKS if she get the littlest bit wet, like a drop of water on her shirt and she WILL change. So since her leggings had pee ALL OVER them I was waiting for the freak out. She realized that she was in a mess and I told her thats what "camping" is all about (she was on a I want to go camping kick at the time) and she shrugged and went back to riding her scooter. Few, dodged a bullet on that one.
Even with the potty FAIL, she still had a lot of fun. I ADORE Sunday drives, especially when the leaves have changed and are BEAUTIFUL and your 3 year old keeps things entertaining.


I started doing eyelash extensions like two months ago. I LOVE it. Since I have been sick, standing for long periods of time have been challenging. I wanted something to switch things up but I didn't want to start doing hair extensions again or anything that required MORE standing. So eyelash extensions fell into my lap and I have had so much fun doing them! I love making women feel beautiful... so rewarding:)


Brandon talked me into getting a MacBook. We found a really good deal we couldn't pass up. Now this thing feels like a 3rd leg. I love technology! Makes life a LOT easier.

Well that sums up all the little things for the last few months... Still more BIG posts to catch up on

4 comments:

Jake and Jenessa said...

I am dying laughing at Irey's leggings. Literally on the floor peeing my pants type laugh! Oh heavens! You got a Macbook?? Wha??? PS I love the twix and m&m's! :)

Lindsey said...

Okay, will you please post pictures of their weddings? I haven't seen them since they were little tiny girls, and I would love to see them grown up!!!

Jill said...

I LOOOOVVVVEEE the pee picture! So funny!!! And I'd love more info on eyelashes, I've been wanting to do them so so bad! Mine suck.

Kylie Blackwell said...

Jen, I know! You can imagine how funny it was BEING there. And you KNOW how she is. But she just jumped on her scooter and was still down to have a good time. AH, I love that crazy girl!
Lindsey, I don't have any pics but just FB friend them! They have them on there now.
Jill, just call me. They are FABULOUS! It's $65 for a full and $35 for a fill. I know people who have hesitated because they thought it was high maintenance but they ended up adoring them. I seriously DONT put makeup on anymore unless I am "going out"(somewhere more then just a grocery store)... and so yea, I never put on makeup lol. Love them.