I am not one that likes to get in political arguments. Sure I like to debate my point of views for sport but when it goes beyond that I am over it. So please take no offence to my point of views, they don't mean much anyways.
This election is scary to me. I don't think we have a great selection and I am SO disappointed in our options. I am so disappointed in our country as a whole that we got to this point, that these two men are our options! I don't care for McCain, he is just simply put not the sharpest knife in the drawer. He is like a robot that has a whole team of power hungry people operating him. I only say this because I don't think he is smart enough to figure things out for himself.
On the flip side there is Obama. I can see how people like him, sure. He is intelligent and articulate. But what he stands for, it scares me. He wont put is hand over his heart in respect for the flag. Because why? Oh he does not want to offend anyone. Really? Well I know that on that reason alone I cannot support him for the president. I want someone who respects our flag and the men who made it what it means today.
He supports abortion. Why? Well if one of his daughters got in "trouble" he would not want them burdened with a child. Oh really? So we should just let people use abortion for birth control and not take responsibility for there actions. Why not? We are a country that enables people to never have to be held accountable. All those wonderful programs out there get so abused by the freeloaders in this country that the people who really need it either have to learn to cheat the system like everyone else to get it or go with out and work two jobs to barley survive. Because why? They don't work! Talk about a waste of taxes.
Oh and taxes? Oh I want to lower taxes for these people because BLAH BLAH BLAH! Either way whoever taxes get lowered for great for them but then everyone else gets SCREWED. They money has to come from somewhere. So tax cuts basically means someone gets a free ride for a little while, while someone else pays for it. Um, hello smarty pants that went to college, give me one GOOD reason why making EVERYONE pay 10% on there income is not better then whats going on now. Doesn't that seem like a simple effective solution? No tax returns, no owing taxes, just plain old 10% that (hopefully) any American can figure out. The LDS church runs on a 10% tithing from it's 12 million + members why cant the USA? I don't know maybe I am in elementary school level for this stuff but sometimes we need to simplify the equasion to find the answer. Nothing is ever simple, I know. But you cannot tell me that what we are doing now is working?
I guess the point about this rampage I am on is that I am a typical person in this country and I don't think that my voice matters. I can go cast my vote but does it matter? Not really. I am not big enough to be herd, I would have to move to Florida to count, even then I still really don't. There are so many things that seem so backwards and upside down. Why do we do things this way and why are there not people out there smart enough to simplify the problems? All candidates do is talk. There actions hardly ever reflect what is really best, it's just another strategy for reelection. Politics is so corrupt and it's our politicians who are running this place. Scary!
I know that my little opinions don't mean much. But can I just say how glad I am for the voices out there that give you hope! I enjoyed conference so much. I herd so many talks on hope and finding joy. It built me up and made me feel like, with all the garbage out there, I will be OK.
My dad will find a quote he likes and print it off and hang it up somewhere in the house for all to see. His latest one has really stuck out to me,
"Life is not about surviving the storm but how to dance in the rain."
5 comments:
Yes, we are living in some scary and uncertain times. I guess the best thing we can do is listen to the prophets and apostles and not get bogged down with all the doom and gloom. Focus on the things that matter most and always have gratitude for all that we have been blessed with!
I know I love dads little quotes and I especially have enjoyed this one. Because yes there are always going to be storms but it's how you deal with it. I agreed with everything you said, maybe we can move to Europe together!
These are things that have been prophesied for years. All we need to do is listen to what we need to be to be prepared so thatw hen the winds and the rains come we can surrvive! I love the wuote by President Hinckley, "In all of living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed not just endured!" I am glad that we have the church and eachother to hold on to in these uncertain times. I will be voting for McCain/Pallin because simply put they believe in the same values and me and in this race.. that is going to be VERY important to choose. These years you have to focus on values rather than politics. We need someone who is going to stand for something! Love you and enjoyed reading your views!
I totally agree with everything you said! It's good to speak your mind from time to time, because it reminds you of what you believe and why you believe it. It's also a good way to vent and ease the frustrations. Thank you for what you said, and again, I totally agree!!
Here, Here!!!
Post a Comment