Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas Eve

I wanted to write about all my thoughts and feeling about Christmas. Instead I ran out of time and Christmas was over before I knew it. But it was a amazing Christmas this year. The thing I love the most about it, is families coming together. This was Irey's first Christmas. To sum up her Christmas in one word, SPOILED!
This year we spent Christmas Eve with the Blackwell clan. It was a lot of fun. Irey enjoyed several pieces of licorice. what the heck it's Christmas, and a red stained nose fits perfect for this time of year:) But with a face that pleased, how can you resist?

For our Christmas Eve dinner, we had it fondue style. It was so yummy. And almost as fun to make as it is to eat. We ate dinner by candle light and told stories of our favorite Christmas memories, that's the best way to get you in the Christmas mood.

After dinner we sang Christmas songs. Anyone who knows me, knows that this was one of my favorite parts of the night. Irelyn enjoyed "singing" along too. I love to sing Christmas songs, especially when I have that hunk singing in my ear. Most people don't know this but Brandon's singing voice is awesome. He use to sing Christmas songs in the middle of a busy street in Spain on his mission. It was one of the most spiritual experiences he had on his mission, so singing those songs meant a lot to him too.

And what would a Christmas Eve be like if we didn't get Pjs? I guess we will never know because Brenda is on top of it. She was so sweet and made the whole family pajamas. Of course we had BYU. Irelyn's pjs were the cutest, but anything that small is cute no matter what.

Brenda also gave all of us girls bread making kits and these cute aprons to go with it. Yes, even Irelyn had she own Irey size apron too. Oh, don't worry, the boys got some too. They are just to shy to pose in front of the camera, or even put them on.

After all that, we were ready to kick up our feet and relax. Keeping traditions alive, we watched a movie. One of my favorites, Wall-e. Yes Irelyn watch right along with us. She was too excited for santa to come, she just couldn't sleep.But after all the fun we had we finally wore her out. She was so deep asleep I don't thing even Santa and all his reindeer could wake this girl up.



1 comment:

Justin and Ashley said...

I love the pj's! And Irey are super cute too.:) Did Brenda make them? Did you guys sleep over at the Blackwells on Christmas Eve?