April 28th 2009
Irelyn Jane
turned one!
It's something that you count down to for a while and then once it's here you can't help but be sad. My baby is one. You look back on all the things that she has done and how much she has grown in the last year and it makes you smile but tugs at your heart strings because it's over!For this birthday princess we had a big party at aunt Jamie's house! Thanks again aunt Jamie for welcoming us over! We had all the families (Blackwells/Schroeppels) plus Irey's wannabe parents the Caldwells and Tuckers. It was a lot of fun to celebrate with family and friends who know and love Irey!
The party was complete with decorations, presents, and LOTS of cake. There was a bit of a mix up at the bakery. I had originally ordered the big cake for everyone else (which turned out much bigger then expected) and a small cake for Irey to dig into! Well someone thought I ordered carrot cake but I didn't. I told them it was no big deal and that everyone loves carrot cake and it will be a nice change. But the lady who made my cakes (my moms neighbor) felt bad and hurried and whipped up a THIRD cake! So spoiled Irey got like 7 stacks of birthday cake!
Irey got lots and lot and LOTS of cute and fun gifts! Along with billions of clothes and shoes to match she got her first barbie from aunt Amy, her favorite movie from aunt Jamie, her favorite princess car from Gar and Lisa, plus like a truck load more!
After all that birthday cake... Irey didn't even take ONE bite! She was partied OUT! We tried to show her how yummy it was and I was trying to remind her how much she liked it when we did her one year pictures but no, no cake for this birthday girl. Well, it's her party she can cry if she wants too!
In the end all she wanted was daddy and her baba, and that made her birthday just great!
Irelyn~
Your dad and I couldn't love anyone more. You have such a gift of bringing joy to peoples lives. You have been so healing and strengthening! You came at just the right time and I wouldn't change a thing about you! We love your laugh and your smile and your million and one facial expressions. You make us laugh till we cry. We love you baby girl! You are the sweetest most special thing in our lives. You have taught us so much and with out you we would be so lost!
Happy Birthday!
Love,
your mommy and daddy!
10 comments:
Wow, that cake was amazing. Jamie said she got spoiled rotten which she totally deserves.
She is so stinkin cute! Its crazy how fast they grow up!
I can hardly believe it myself! She is so dang cute, I love that little girl and her fun loving, crazy personality!
Love all the pics!! She sure got spoiled, but who wouldn't want to spoil that little princess! And your outfit is ADORABLE!!! I need you to take me shopping so I can get some style! We love you miss Irey!!
~Chandi
Man, I love that little girl. And your right, she does have a million and one facial expressions. Every time I think of Irey, I just have to smile. There is no other baby in the world quite like her! Happy Birthday, Irey Jane!!
what a fun birthday!! she is getting so big so fast, what a great mom you are!!
Meg
How CUTE! I love the cake : )
she is so freaking cute! I love the cakes pure heaven!!!
her little party was a BLAST! we love little irey so much! thanks for letting us be apart of her big day
Oh my gosh Ky. I can't even believe that she is one. How has it been not working at the Salon? I miss you lets get together. By the way the cake is darling. Dose she do cakes for other people? I need her info.
Post a Comment