Friday, October 29, 2010

October Traditions

I LOVE the month of October! It's a BEAUTIFUL month with the Fall leaves and I LOVE the fun Fall traditions.

We have a LOT of traditions...

It starts with picking out our cute pumpkins at the first of the month. There is a cute house by my parents house that sells pumpkins and we have gone there the last few years to get ours. This year we lived close enough and the weather was warm enough, we took a little family stroll to pick out our pumpkins.



Once we got them we drove over to our new house in PG and put them on the porch (this was before we were all moved in) so the neighbors knew we were coming ;) Irey LOVED getting a pumpkin for her baby sister. We have to look on the porch every day to check on baby sister's pumpkin.

What would Fall be like with out a little BYU football?! Well we started a new tradition this year, taking Irey to a BYU game. I guess her dad figured she had enough BYU fan training, considering anytime she sees navy blue she yells, "GO COUGARS!" so she was more then ready for the game. She liked it about as much as a two year old can like a football game... but I think this will be a fun tradition for our girls to do with daddy.



Brandon is wearing my grandpa's old BYU jacket that he wore in the 70's/80's when he took his kids to games. Since my grandpa adores Brandon (90% of the reason is Brandon is as big of a BYU fan as my gpa is, which is hard to do) he passed down his beloved Cougar jacket to lucky Brandon, please notice the PERFECT condition it is in!  We thought it was very important to keep the tradition alive by wearing the jacket and taking kids to games. Brandon even swears at the games like grandpa did... it's just so sweet to carry on these family traditions ;)

At some point in this month we DID have a 3rd year anniversary! Let me just say, I adore the man I am married to and to celebrate our love and adoration for each other we FINALLY bought a house and MOVED into it on our anniversary... Oh, I know, how romantic! To be honest, it was my BEST anniversary yet and we did even managed to squeeze in a movie and Happy Sumo that day so I wont be complaining... Just no pics to share. But just to be sure you didn't miss that, WE FINALLY MOVED INTO OUR HOUSE!!! Pics coming soon.

See why I love Fall, good things always happen for me in the Fall :)

Brandon's Aunt throws a Halloween party every year and this is sadly the FIRST year we were able to attend! It was SO much fun... she really goes above and beyond for this holiday! We threw together some costumes and when your prego, your costume may be very lame because your belly doesn't fit into much... so I was a cat, Irey was just Irey in a Halloween outfit Gma Mimi got her (she is a BYU cheerleader for Halloween but wanted to wear what Mimi got her instead), and Brandon was a "Studly" cowboy... he is a stud;)

The very best costumes were my in-laws! They all came as the Wizard of Oz... so cute!






This past Monday for FHE (I say it like we do FHE all the time... because, um, we do) my whole family came over to our house and carved pumpkins. Irey can't carve obviously, so she and her cousins colored on theirs instead. I carved her pumpkin and tried to follow her detailed coloring of what she wanted it to be, I did the best I could to guess what her angle was... I love two year olds ;)





I think I picked the short straw this year because I was the only mom who was actually carving... the other families suckered their dads into helping them :)!

But Brandon did give me a GREAT idea for what we should do with our pumpkins...


I hate that I am guilty by association.

The best tradition of ALL... HALLOWEEN of course. We are SUPER excited for Halloween this year, Irey has shown me a million times how we knock at the door and say "trick or treat" .... I got it, your ready... even she can figure out that Halloween = sugar coma! I wont be minding all the treats this year, I am packing on the lbs. fast just by eating salads and sandwiches, might as well earn some of those pounds with a little bit of sugar!

Happy Halloween!!!


3 comments:

* Gar * Lis * Charly * said...

ha ha i love your pumpkins! Those are all cute traditions!

Kylee said...

Congrats on getting moved into the new house! That is so exciting for you guys! It looks absolutly gorgeous - seriously I'm thrilled for you.

I love that your in-laws were all wizard of oz. It's so fun when families all dress the same. We never did that growing up so it might be something I'll have to start with our fam.

alyssa sorenson. said...

Bradon's jacket is sweet! Your family is so cute. Love it all.