On April 4th 2011 my sweet little Reese was born. This past year has been a rocky journey but Reese and been a light that brightens dark days and blessing beyond measure. She has a smile and a sweetness about her that fills you up with joy. I cannot believe how fast she went from a baby to a toddler but she has been a pure joy through it all!
Ever since I was pregnant with Reese, I could just feel how content and happy she was. She was smiling at 6 weeks old and hasn't stopped since. The only time she isn't smiling is when she is hungry. WATCH OUT for this kid when she is hungry she is a BEAST! So we call her Beast Baby because she growls (like an animal, seriously) and she turns into a beast when she is hungry. Reese loves her food. The girl can eat and impressive amount. Good thing she is tall and skinny!
The photographer, Tiffany and I (and her kids) were dying laughing at how much Reese was enjoying this cake. She couldn't get it in her mouth fast enough, so she would just stick her face in it! This girl loves her food!
I am not on Pinterest so I may seem ghetto to some of you "pinners" so don't judge! lol
Of course Reese had no conception the party was for her but was just thrilled that there was lot of candy she could eat!
For her birthday Brandon and I got her a car, some toys, and some clothes of course!
Irey got her a book that she picked out herself. It's called Kisses and it talks about giving kisses to the people you love, Irey picked that one because at the time Reese wasn't very good about giving kisses and Irey felt jipped. Well, sure enough, after reading the book a couple times something clicked and Reese now gives kisses freely and Irey LOVES to get kisses from her sister and is very proud that she was the one to teach her!
Both of our awesome families came (most not pictured) and celebrated Reese's big day!
She grasped the present opening concept great but was really mad when I would take her toy away and hand her another box. Poor kid, even now she is lucky if she gets her toys to herself;)
Naturally she LOVED her cake! I had her blow out the candles and then took the cake away to give her a cupcake that she could smash into. In the 10 seconds it took me to switch them out she threw a royal fit! haha Everyone kept saying, Don't get between Reese and her food! I love that this girl knows how to eat!
It breaks my heart a little that Reese is one now; it's just harder in general this time round because everything moves at a faster pace. With Irey I felt like I got to savor each moment and I remember so many little things but with Reese every time I turned around she was bigger and kept moving through all the stages so much faster. I am sure the more kids you have the faster time goes, it's a scary thought. There are never enough little moments to savor, they pass almost too quickly before you even knew it happened. Reese turned one and although I knew it would happen for a whole year, I was still surprised when it came because it hadn't felt that long. I cannot look at her baby pictures with out crying because I just want to hold that baby, my Reese baby, one more time! AH, such is the life as a mother, it's so bitter sweet!
I am grateful that Reese is happy and healthy. She is growing and learning and is very entertaining. I feel like God must love and trust me a great deal to send me such a precious spirit!














No comments:
Post a Comment