Monday, June 25, 2012

St. George with my Favs

For Brandon's very last day at UPS we decided to celebrate by going down to St. George for the weekend! It was a long overdue, much needed break for our family!

We packed up and got ready to go on a Thursday. Brandon came home from work a little early and we were off. The girls fell asleep by the time we got out of Utah county so it was a peaceful ride down. We stopped at a Dairy Queen and got a treat and changed the girls into their PJs. Reese had a restaurant full of people laughing at her because the little might devoured and ice cream cone all to herself. She was inhaling it, and if we didn't put it to her mouth fast enough she would freak. I love how this girls loves food!
We got to St. George and unpacked and settled in. I was very ready to start this vacation!
We spent the majority of our time out in the pool. In mid April these is no other place you would rather be then sitting in the pool under the HOT sun. And it was a hot weekend while we were there!
 Poor Brandon was SO tired that first morning he went out to the hot tub and completely fell asleep. I am impressed he didn't go under!
 Irey was a little fish, she could have stayed in the pool and never come back out!
 Nothing beats laying next to your hubby (kids napping) under the hot sun, with a good book, and some good treats.
Reese wasn't so sure about the pool at first but as long as someone was close she was ok. Eventually She let Irey push her along. I just stayed on a raft with either my kindle or one of the girls. It was heavenly!

That first night we went to dinner at Pizza Factory. We love it here in Utah county and always order the Bacon Chicken Alfredo Pizza, sooooo goooood, I am craving it now! Well in St. George it sucks. I wasn't a fan of the Pizza Factory down there and will not be going back! Don't mess with my pizza. haha
 Irey was very excited to see the cute little bridge. I don't know why but she loved it and wanted her picture taken.
The next day we went mini golfing. Before we had Reese we went mini-golfing a lot. I am actually impressively good at mini-golf. But we haven't been in a long time so it was fun. Now Irey is old enough to attempt mini-golf, it wasn't so easy, eventually we just let her do her own thing and then made a big deal when she FINALLY made it in the hole!
 Irey and I got to go on the bumper boats. Dad and Reese hung back at a safe distance. We had a lot of fun on the bumper boats. Irey attempted driving it but it was mostly mom. You can only handle so much of spinning in a circle.
 On our last day there we went to a park. We actually drove around just checking out the suburbs of St. George that we normally don't ever see. We stumbled on this little park and even though it was 80 degrees at 10am, Irey begged to go play. So we endured the heat and played for a bit.
 I talked Brandon into letting me go to a couple stores. I found some cute things for the girls, among them was these super cute sunglasses that we got for Irey. She loves them because they are just like moms! I never get sick of having cute girls to dress up!

It was just what we needed! Relaxing, fun, and a great way to celebrate NO MORE UPS! Now just dad and mom need a trip to themselves, ASAP!

No comments: