Thursday, December 11, 2008

Gingerbread House FHE


Monday night this week we went to Grandma Blackwell's for some serious gingerbread house-making, family home evening style! I was SO excited for this because I have made ONE gingerbread house in my life and that was in the 2nd grade so it hardly counts. This is a tradition the Blackwell's have every year, the gingerbread house extravaganza! I love stuff like this, it gets me in the spirit for the holidays, and to me that spirit requires being a kid again.
Brenda had the cutest treats made, like little oreo's that were all festive and some nutter butter cookies that looked like Santa! She is SO festive.
This is the BEFORE shot of our sad gingerbread village.
This is the AFTER. Beautiful hu? There where two sad any lonely houses because through the years Brandon has become gingerbread-out and poor Brent jr. was sick on his death bed. But Brielle, Brianna, and I made a great little neighborhood.
Irey and Grandpa where the onlookers. Irey just LOVES grandpa Blackwell, they are best buds! Everywhere she goes she follows him and all he has to do is smile and she giggles. SO CUTE!

We three were very proud of our houses. The best I have seen so far this year, but what could you expect from experts? These two taught me a lot of the gingerbread house assembly secrets! It was a lot of fun and I am ALREADY looking forward to next year when Irey can add her special touches!

4 comments:

Cami said...

way fun! I want to make one this year with MaeLee, I just haven't found the time to do it yet! How is everything going with you guys? I assume you are feeling better? Sorry I didn't return your call...life gets crazy someimes. PLEASE let us know if we can do anything for you guys. And yes, we need to get together! I need a haircut too...when is the best time for you before the holidays?

justin and ashley norman said...

Oh so cute! I think Justin and I are going to have to do this too it just looks way too fun.:)
-Ashley

kelsey and murray said...

I love gingerbread houses! They remind me of the days when I was little.
ps. I am having LOST withdrawls

Holly Walker-Thaxton said...

cute gingerbread houses! you & your baby look great honey! Sometime we need to get together so you can meet my little guy! Happy Holidays Kys! Love you missy! Its been too long :(
call me when you are not busy! we gotta catch up :D