Monday, June 21, 2010

Father's Day 2010

I love days like this. We get to busy to stop and think about the father's in our lives and all that they do, so to have a day like this really puts things in focus.

This Father's Day to celebrate my baby's daddy, I made him some breakfast, planned and taught his primary lesson, tried really hard to be on time to church so he isn't mad (I was only 10 min. late, it's at 9 am, come on), and Irey and I gave him some shirts and shorts to update his wardrobe. We made sure he got lots of hugs and kisses and knew that he is our #1 guy!

After church we went to the Blackwells. Brenda and Brielle were both terribly sick so Brands and I did what was left to prepare an amazing lunch of steak and salmon. We just enjoyed the day laying around and talking. That's Brent and Brandon's idea of a great day, doing nothing but watching sports.
Afterward we came back home to my parents house, where my mom was really sick. We ate some dinner of more yummy steak (a whole family of cows are really hating us right now). Again, more lounging and opening gifts. It was a great Father's Day because Brandon got to have just what he wanted, nothing to do at all but lounge. He is one busy feller so it was a perfect day for our guy.

I feel so lucky to be surrounded by such awesome Father's in my life. It all started with my Daddy-o! He has been my best buddy since the day I was born. I am for sure a daddy's girl and can't help it, we are just two peas in a pod. Bless my dads heart for enduring me all these years, now he blesses Brandon's heart to endure me for forever!

I really couldn't express how blessed I feel tho have this man for a shoulder to cry on, he is someone I depended on for the boyfriend or girlfriend advice (even though it killed him), he is one of the biggest supporters of my dreams and goals, and he was the man that loved me first and knew me (the me most people tend to not understand) before I really knew myself. I am so grateful to have him in my life and to have his stamp of approval for the new man in my life. Yes, Brandon does feel my daddy's shoes, but my dad will always be a Hero of mine.

Oh Brent. My father-in-law! How lucky I feel to have a father-in-law that treats me no different then any of his own daughters, like a princess. He never fails to let me know that he feels like I am a blessing to their family, even though he is full of it, it feels nice to feel loved by the in-laws. He is one of those guys that in very simpleways can just make you feel like a million bucks. I think I love him so much because all these amazing wonderful qualities that I could go on and on about he has passed down to my husband. I know Brandon would agree that he is the man he is today because of the great man who raised him.  I am sure as parents you look back and have some regrets with your first, but Brandon being the first has no regrets about how he was raised. As a man now, he looks back with a humble gratitude to Brent and all the he has taught him.

The last and most important (sorry dads) father in my life is the Father of my child. Could I ask for a better man? I don't mean be to be all mushy with my husband, yes, it's no secret I adore him but more importantly then me, Irey adores him too! I remember thinking while growing up that I am choosing more then just a husband but a father. That is a lot to consider at such a young age but with Brandon that was the first thing I knew beyond a shadow of doubt that I could cross of my list. Great dad, Check!

Brandon has always loved kids and kids naturally love him back. He has such a big soft heart when it comes to those little ones and it melts me to peices. Being the oldest he has a natural way with kids. I feel so lucky that Brandon has always had the perspective since day one with Irey, that being a dad is more then just being a provider. Not to take away from the importance of providing for a family and the fact that Brandon IS the hardest working man I know, but even still he doesn't let a 60 hour work week stop him from coming home and non-stop playing with Irey till bed time. He has always changed diapers and given baths, fed meals and read stories. He is a very hands on dad, like my dad was, so that will make me forever grateful. Because I know how much I loved having a hands on dad growing up, it feels good to know what my kids will be getting too.

I love these three crazies more then words could really say. They are the best guys we could ask for!

3 comments:

Holly Walker-Thaxton said...

Your family is adorable, Kylie. Irey is such a little doll too. I like the pictures. Cute post.

April said...

You're always so good to be appreciative of your family and great at celebrating holidays...I need to take some pointers from you. :)

kelsey and murray said...

Kys that is such a darling post. I love how you always express your appreciation and love for you little family. happy fathers day to brandon as well. We sure love you guys.