Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Because I have been given much...

It's hard to find the right words to say just how I feel...
blessed, humbled, excited, relived, guilty...
Last year Brandon applied for the supervisor position at UPS. He was interviewed... and we waited and waited and waited to hear back... Then it was like one moment, it's in the bag you totally got it... to, Oh we transferred supervisors and are no longer hiring for the position
Disappointment is one word that isn't hard to find.

Here we are a year later doing the same thing again. And more then ever it felt like this promotion would be the answer to our prayers... which is why I just didn't think it would happen.  perspective

Not that we are so unfortunate that good things don't happen to us, because really they do. But sometimes I just feel greedy in asking SO much from Heavenly Father... But this time I wasn't asking for me, I was asking for that dear man I married. That man who wakes up way to early and busts his butt for his family from way before the sun is up till after it has gone down. And even though he has every excuse to be too tired, he comes home and is a dad who gets on the floor and plays around with Irey and a husband who is adoring and affectionate with his wife. 
I prayed so hard for this to finally happen, not because I am deserving, but because Brandon is and with all that he has sacrificed to be a father, provider, and husband I just wanted something to go his way and work out for him...

Well I am glad to say God answers prayers.

I have to say humbled is what I am feeling most. There were two other guys (one of them is a good friend) who were candidates for this position as well. I know that anyone of the three of them can easily say they have worked just as hard and are just as deserving. I feel humbled that Brandon was chosen and that we have this opportunity that the position offers us. 
It's not like he is making millions or is getting his dream job by any means! It's not even like this job is changing our lives. It's more what this promotion represents, it's humbling to think of where our lives are at at this point then where it was three years ago. Since I got married, I was ready for my life to start and live in marital bliss. I guess I got a big reality check that married life is 10% bliss and 90% struggle, hard work, and sacrifice. I wouldn't change the 10% bliss for anything... it's what makes the 90% seem doable! For such a young age I would say we have had our fair share, so far, of life's realities. I guess it just seems like for the first time in three years I don't feel like we are battling the storm but soaking up the sun. It's a nice change for a bit, we don't have these trials we are trying to endure but instead waiting for rewards to be cashed in. I am not complaining about the storms, really I am not. Through those rocky, stormy times in my life I have grown and developed  bond with Brandon that I would go through it all 100x over again to have. I  have learned so much and I feel like I would gladly take my stormy weather over anyone else. Sometimes I feel silly for even saying I have trails because what some people have to endure makes my life seem like a party at the beach! But for us and our life's trials it's nice to feel things go your way and be more then you could hope for.

I know that in this world there are people who face unimaginable circumstances. Because of those people out there I will always do my best to take a moment and realize how much I have been given. So if there is a day here in the future (I am sure there will be) where I want to be mad and throw a fit that the house thing isn't going our way, or life isn't working out as I hoped and planned,  I can look back at my journal/blog and remember that life is good and I need to relax and remember that I have more then I need already!

5 comments:

alyssa sorenson. said...

Yay! Congrats, Brandon. That's so awesome. Sometimes we just need our prayers answered to know that He is listening and that He cares. So happy for you guys! Thanks for posting.

Anonymous said...

We are so proud of him! Love you both.

meg said...

congrats to brandon, he totally deserves it, you both do!!! luvya!

Kylee said...

You deserve to be given much. Well, I guess we all do. I'm happy for you and your fam!

The Birds said...

Congrats to Brandon! Gotta love UPS!!!

oh, and PS - happy, really late B-day!!!