Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thankful Day

For me Thanksgiving is mostly a day that I can be with the people I love most and remember what I am most thankful for. Not to take away from the Pilgrims and all that but it's more of a gratitude holiday for me.

So in honor of my thankful day I will list the things I am most grateful for:

This could almost go with out saying but #1 would of course be my FAMILY!


I have been blessed my WHOLE LIFE to be surrounded by grandmas and grandpas, aunts and uncles, and cousins galore. A lot of my closest cousins lived only a few blocks from me growing up and others weren't to far away. I was raised by loving Aunts and was blessed with extended family who loved me like their very own!

I also have been blessed with a close family made up of my 3 sisters who are my best friends and of course my little brother who is a sweetheart! I have two loving and supportive parents who have stuck together and raised all of us crazies. My in-laws consist of 3 more sisters and one more brother, plus two more wonderful  parents who are there for us in every way! No one, with the exception on my sister-in-law, lives more then 15 miles away, so whenever we are in need of love or support, I know I have at LEAST 12 people I can call!

The best part about my family is my own family! The man I married is a fighter, and I mean this in a good way. There is nothing he isn't willing to fight through with me and I know that in the end of the day it's this guy who will be holding me up. I can't begin to think of my life with out him and I hope I will never have to live a day to see how I would do with out him pushing me along. He is the root of all my joy! Of course there is my girls, with out them I wouldn't try so hard to be a better person ever day. With out my kids, I wouldn't be half as happy or half as strong. They may make want me to pull my hair out, yes, but everyday Irey and even Reese are making me be a better person because I want so much to be the best mommy!

#2 on my list is something that Brandon said today. Every Thanksgiving we go around the table and say what we are grateful for. Brandon said he was thankful for a healthy pregnancy, and of course that made me cry. I am SO thankful that Reese is healthy and strong. I will NEVER take for granted what a miracle it is to have a baby come out perfect. I am so glad that so far is so good and even though I complain WAY to much about how chubby I feel, I am overjoyed to feel this little girl kick around inside me every day!
20 1/2 weeks pregnant

#3 is the fact I can work from home. If you ask my childhood friends they could tell you that since I was 9 I knew I wanted to do hair, so I could work from home. I don't know why that always appealed to me but it's been a lifelong dream of mine and I still can't believe it's happening. Once I had Irey, I would do anything to be able to stay at home with her, but still be able to work. I am thankful I get the best of both worlds.
Dry wall is up and textured, now we just need the finish work, paint, and flooring:)


#4 this is last but it's definitely not the least. I am thankful for my Savior, the Gospel, and the blessings it brings to my life. I wouldn't be being very honest with my blogging world if I didn't say that being LDS has made my life what it is. Because I have a loving Heavenly Father I was blessed with my amazing family, and because my Heavenly Father is SO loving he lead me to Brandon. And because I am so blessed with the atonement I was able to be sealed to my family for forever and no matter how many mistakes I make in my life, the atonement makes it possible that these eternal blessings will never be taken away.

My Heavenly Father was there with me, holding me tight, when I watched my daughter go through more then I ever thought I could handle. He lifts me up and carries me through the hardest points of my life. The times when I turned it over to him and put all my faith in him are times I can look back on now and see how he truly made all the difference.

I am thankful for Thanksgiving and the chance I had to reflect on the HUGE things in my life I have to smile about! I am also VERY grateful for Turkey, it's a pregnancy craving that is never satisfied and today I think I may have finally done it :)

1 comment:

kelsey and murray said...

loved this post. you are a dang cute prego momma. excited for your darling salon. happy late thanksgiving!