Monday, January 17, 2011

All Grown UP!

 She is being "SUPER IREY"
I haven't posted about my little Miss Irey Jane is a while now. Poor girl is already getting snubbed by the little sister. Well Irey is just as amazing as ever but most recently has become amazing at being...

POTTY TRAINED!!!
I thought the day would never come.

Ok, I knew it would happen but I just had to accept the fact that it would happen on Irelyn's terms, just like anything else! Since I was car-less for TWO weeks, I thought it would be a good time to give the old potty another try, considering we had no where else to go! She did great from day one. She had a few accidents the first few days but overall I knew she was getting it and now we just needed to make it routine. We have been saying, "Irey we are so PROUD of you!" every time she would go on the potty. One time she came in my room and said, "Mommy I went potty! I am so PROUD of me!" I just love it!
She also has been sleeping through the night with no diaper. After a week if potty training I thought we would just try a night with out the diaper and see, the next day was Monday- aka: laundry day, so what did I have to loose? Well she woke up the next morning dry and has had no accidents ever since!
The hardest part about potty training... Caution: this is a TMI kinda thing... is learning to poop on the potty. YIKES! She went in her underwear one day, then was freaked out and held it for a few days after that. Then she would ask for a diaper and I would say, just try and go on the potty, that ended with poop around the toilet and on the walls but sadly none made it IN the toilet! I couldn't be mad because she really was trying. Well after a few messes, she has got it figured out... well cleaning her bum properly isn't figured out so much yet but I don't know a lot of 5 year old that do that well either. I feel like a official you are just that cool kind of mom when I yell, "Did you go poop? Do I need to wipe your bum?" The glamorous life of motherhood!

But going on the potty is just a small tid bit of what Irey has been up to. She left behind the baby stage before I could loose the baby weight and entered into the precocious world of a toddler full force... but now she is not a toddler anymore either and seemed to have left that stage behind before I knew she even could! 
Yea, she is 2 almost 3, but when you talk to her she seems like she is 5! Even just looking at her face she is more and more of a little girl every day! And she does EVERYTHING by herself. She dresses herself, wants to brush her own teeth, wants to wipe her own bum, and wants to shut the door to her room and play alone!
She uses words like whatever and has a whole lot of attitude to back it up! She gets things that a 2 year old shouldn't understand and leaves Brandon and I in awe everyday at how SMART she is. It's a good thing I have another one coming because I am missing my little baby Irey so much it hurts and I HATE how fast she is growing up on me. I feel kinda cheated too because she seems a lot older then she should be! 
 This is how Irey travels wherever she is in the house... Purses loaded with toys and a stroller too, also loaded with toys! She is SUCH a pack-rat!
I am grateful that despite all my mistakes as a mom, this little girl it turning out pretty dang good. I wish I could take more credit but since the day Irey was born she has just been so... IREY. She has always had a very independent personality but she is so dang lovable and can make you laugh to tears with her charisma! I am glad that she is my first because she loves to be helpful and wants to do things perfect and right. She unfortunately isn't afraid of getting in trouble but she learns her lessons quickly and even though she can be a monster, she mostly tries to be a sweetheart!
What can I say, she is my best buddy. I love when she comes crawling in to my bed in the mornings and wants to cuddle. I love that she calls me Super Mommy and really just thinks I am the coolest! I am excited for a little sister and to start that new chapter and adventure in our lives! Irey will be a great big sister, I just can't wait.

2 comments:

kelsey and murray said...

i can't believe how fast she is growing up! way to go irey on being potty trained!! that is fantastic!!!

Staci said...

Oh Irey, she is such a sweetie and so smart! I am not surprised at all that she is already potty-trained and picked that up so quickly. You need to take more credit though, she has learned so many things from you which is a GOOD thing! I'm excited for her to be a big sister, I know she'll be so helpful. It will be nice for you to go through the baby stage again, I'm already struggling with keeping Katelyn that way. We're so excited for you guys!!