On Sunday, the actual day, I woke up to my sweetheart making me breakfast and my baby giving me all smiles. Then I opened the presents that Brandon gave to me. Of course he did WAY too much. He knows how to take care of me. Thanks again Brandon for always being so thoughtful.
Later that night we had dinner at the Schroeppel clans and then later my in laws and some more family came over for cake, ice cream, and the opening of the presents. My family has there own "special" way of singing happy birthday; off key, loud, and with as little harmony as possible. On Monday night we went to Cocolitos (yes again, we cant get enough of that place) and had another dinner with my in laws and parents. Where I opened another ridiculous amounts of presents.
Needless to say I got spoiled! It's a good feeling to know that you have family that loves you and wants to celebrate you. Thank you friends and fam for partying all weekend long with me. You guys made it the best.
Every year another birthday passes i think back on the year before and i think about how much i have grown, but from my last birthday to now i have grown more then all the years combined. There have been so many changes in my life that have changed me for the better. I have had to grow up a lot and learn what is really important. I have never had more challenges or faced harder times but in the same turn I have never laughed harder and I know that I have never been happier.
The older I get the more I learn, what I have learned; is that all of life's big adult problems can be solved by the answers you learn in primary. I have learned that it is always darkest before the dawn (my dad always tried to teach me that), no matter how bad things seem there is always a way to overcome. I have learned this past year that I cannot survive with out Brandon. He is the person that carries me through the good bad and ugly and I truly don't know how I got by before with out him but all I know is that I never want a birthday that he is not apart of. I have learned what humility is, when you feel like you are carrying the weight of the world on your shoulder it can push you right to your knees. And most importantly I have learned that I will never be done learning. The years ahead only have more life lessons to offer.
It's always interesting to think, what will I be thinking back on next birthday?
6 comments:
Happy Birthday kylie : ) I am glad you had a good one. Thanks for letting seth and I be apart of it. We always have fun when we hang out with you guys...and even though catch phrase doesn't bring out my brightest side, it always makes us laugh : ) I am jealous that you guys got to see batman again!! I know, I know, brandon did try to call seth and invite us. We were in Salt lake at the pioneer days concert...it was good!You are right about life lessons...they just keep coming! Sometimes I wish I didn't have to learn anymore, cause some aren't easy, but at the same time I am grateful for them!
Happy Birthday!!!!!!!
How fun! Happy Birthday! Looks like you all had so much fun! Again, your little girl is the cutest little thing ever!!
Happy Birthday KY! Geesh I'm sorry i didn't wish you a Happy Birthday until now! But i hope it was wonderful and Irey is seriously such a beauty! Hopefully when i get back for GOOD then we can see eachother more. I've really missed ya!! Hope you have a good week!
haha that last one was from me but Brady misses you too!! Promise! He misses teasin ya! haha love ya
I love all that you had to say and totally see growth in my Kylie smiley! Thanks for sharing such sweet lessons learned. I am proud and thankful to have you as my cousin. Love you and happy Belated Bday!
Post a Comment