Monday, July 21, 2008

A Week Among Weeks

It seems like my weeks are all running together. Just living the routine. But this week has had a couple of highlights that have stuck out...
Irelyn had her doctors appointment. Our little girl is becoming a little chunk!
Weight: 10 pounds 3.5 ounces.
Length: 2 feet tall (24 in :))
After 5 tragic shots (I think it was just as devastating for me as it was for her) it was concluded that she is a healthy baby! And she was sure to give Dr. Wynn lots of pretty smiles, I am thinking she is a bit of a show off! She does have an appointment at Utah Vally in august to have a CT scan so we can check on her CCAM. I am hoping that we are still ok to not have the surgery (I cant even handle her shots). We just feel so blessed that we have our healthy baby girl home with us and that so far in her life there has been no complications! I think doctors like to tell you the worst case scenario to prepare you. So since i was twenty weeks pregnant (when we found the CCAM) it feels like we have been holding our breath till the day she was born. It's nice to finally breath a little easier. I just cant wait to have this final appointment so hopefully they will tell us everything is fine. I count my blessings with Irelyn!
Speaking of blessings... The best part about this week,

SCOTTY IS HOME!
Scotty was in a terrible boating accident earlier this month. After seeing and hearing all that has happened to this man, I believe in miracles. It's amazing that he is alive and WALKING today. I don't think we could ever understand fully what he has been through but hearing him tell his story and seeing the staples and stitches that cross all the way down his body is such a humbling experience. When Brandon, Irelyn, and I went to go see him once he was FINALLY home we were able to be there to cheer him on as he took his first walk outside. His wife Karin (in the picture above) has been so amazing and she too has had to endure so much! We are so happy for the Halls family!

OH and to my JOY,

Brandon and I FINALLY got a date night! My sis Jenessa (your the very best EVER) babysat Irey for us while Brandon and I went to Batman with our awesome pals, Seth and Cami. First of all, it was our first time completely ALONE since we had Irey. So awesome! OH i love my baby but i do love my hubby and I miss dating him. So my new goal is to continue date night at least twice a month. Secondly, Batman is SO GOOD! Hey to the mommies out there, take your hubby on a date night to Batman, you BOTH need it!

And to top the week off,


On Saturday we had the Mitchelle Family Reunion! Growing up I hated reunions, and it's not like adulthood has magically changed that, but you learn to have more of a appreciation of the family that you have, extended and all. It's always fun to play catch up and see who had another baby or whats new and exciting in every ones lives. I love family. They love you no matter what, and that is just a good feeling.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Look at you posting away. I'm so impressed! So, reading about irey's CCAM- I sometimes forget that she even has it. She's too perfect and sweet to have anything wrong with her. Irey AND Scotty are both living miracles! I love that baby. She has such a unique and beautiful look to her. -Like I need to tell you that. And what's this about Jenessa watching Irey and not me? Your always getting mad at me for not letting you watch Hunter. Spread the wealth, man!
Oh, one more thing.....
I'm still mad at you for taking that picture of me at the family reunion. That was by FAR my most uncomfortable, swollen night to date in this pregnancy- and here you are taking pictures of me. This is revenge!!!!

Cami said...

Date night is something Seth and I should do more often too....We had such a good time with you guys. And seth hasn't been able to stop talking about BATMAN! He told me when it hits the dollar theater we are going at least 5 times. I am thinking by then, batman won't be so thrilling : ) But it was a great show. Thanks for inviting us! I am glad that so far irey is healthy and strong! She is such a cutie.

Brooke said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brooke said...

I agree with Jamie, I forget that there ever was a concern, because to look at her she is perfect! I think you have yourself a beautiful little miracle! Keep me posted on her appointments, I hope all goes well! Oh and Jamie if that is the worst that you've looked I don't feel bad for you because you still look amazing!!!

Ashley said...

Happy birthday Kylie. I hope your day is wonderful!!!

jEn said...

ky your baby is so so beautiful. and so are you!