Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Day to Day Stuff


The many; faces, outfits, and moods of Irelyn. Oh girls are so fun. There is not a lot to say about a baby, they really don't do a whole lot, but there are a lot of pictures to share! I cant stop taking pictures of this girl. It's like i want to get a picture of EVERY outfit I put her in. Now dressing myself will never be as fun again. I actually get excited to pick out a new outfit every morning for Irey. Sad, hu? I get so sick of clothes so fast but with a baby you get a new wardrobe every three months. But more then just dressing her up ALL the time there are a lot of other aspects of a baby that I enjoy as much as dressing her up.



Irelyn loves to be read to. I know she is only four months but she loves to stare at all the colors of the book and listen to the rhythmic words. Brandon and I are really excited to for Christmas because we are buying her a ton of children's books. This girl will be reading at 3. She also loves to go on walks to the park or the mall, wherever, she just loves to check everything out. Her eyes are going a mile a minuet trying to take everything in. Also she loves to sit on the couch and watch t.v. Yea she will just lay there for a hour, eyes glued
to the t.v. Yea I let my baby just be a couch potato, great parenting skills!
In Brandon's world everything just got a whole lot better now that BYU football is back. College football is among Brandon's favorite things, up there with me and Irey. And his little companion is his BYU football. He falls asleep with that thing, I think it would be comparable to "Wilson" on Cast Away :). Well and as for me I am just working three days a week and using the other four to play catch up. I have been wanting a pretty wreath for my door but they are dang expensive so I made my own for like $20! Wahoo. Also, once a month at my salon we have a meeting and class and at the meeting they announce the Employee of the Month, and this month it was ME! Wahoo.

10 comments:

luke & sammy said...

I am jealous you have a girl to play dress up with and Irey is such a doll. I love your wreath, I think you should do show how to make it on your blog, I am always looking for new crafts, so fun!

Brooke said...

Look at you...Martha! You shouldn't be blogging about your crafting skills, you might end up teaching a Super Saturday class!!! After all that dang RS President of yours does look at your blog often! Way too cute pic's of Irey, but they always are! She is seriously beautiful I can hardly stand it :)

Anonymous said...

Oh man, that picture of her smiling in her carseat just kills me. I can't get enough of that girl. I agree with Brooke. You are a little Martha Stewart. (Minus the house arrest and the security ankle bracelet!)

gillman said...

oh man, that part in castaway when he loses wilson always makes me cry!!! hopefully brandon isn't that attached, but does it have a name???
meg :0)

The Birds said...

Oh, I love dress up- especially with your first! Poor Cassi just gets all of Madalyn's hand-me-downs, but it's still fun!!! Glad you posted, hee hee!!! See you tomorrow!
~Chandi

April McEvoy said...

Love the wreath...it is so cute! I tried to make one once for Christmas and it just looked like crap :) Baby Irey is getting so big!! I found out last week that my next door neighbor, Natalie, works with you at the Salon. What a small world!

Sierra said...

I'm having an Usborne book party next week,if you want to come. They sell really good children's books that teach pre-reading skills. Plus, they're just cute, like "That's no my fairy" or "That's not my monkey." Anyway, it's at 7:00 pm on wednesday next week. I invited your sisters too, and hopefully after the lady shows the books I will not burn the cookies and it will be fun to hang out. If you send me your address, I'll even send you an actual invitation.

Annie and Dan said...

I love your blog! I am so impressed with all your pictures. You have inspired me to take more! Irelyn is beyond adorable. Dan and I can't have kids now... I don't think they can be as cute as yours!

Cami said...

Irey looks SO cute! And so does that wreath...you are very creative. We ought to get together during the day sometime and brain storm ideas! not to mention it would just be nice to converse with an adult every once in a while : ) My blog is in serious need of updating...I am getting extremly frustrated with my camera!!! I am so behind now it is going to take me forever to get things up to date, but I am going to get started right now!

alyssa sorenson. said...

Kys, can I just tell you it was so nice talking to you at the reception! AND, you got me into blogging once again. Good for you! I'm learning slowly but hopefully I'll have a kick-A blog like yours sometime soon. I'd also like you to know that you're beautiful, your family is beautiful, and I don't think you could've made a better choice than marrying Brandon. He is such a cool guy, and I am so happy for you guys. Lets honestly go out to dinner sometime soon. I love you much cous, keep in touch!