Thursday, September 4, 2008

Moms Love Bunco

Today I am thankful for Bunco. I don't care if you think it is lame or sinful! Your wrong. Bunco saves lives, or maybe just makes it more fun, whatever. Last night we had Bunco as we usually do on the first Wednesday of ever month. And don't you worry that when Thursday morning rolls around I am counting down the days until the next Bunco.
The thing is with Bunco is that you get a great opportunity to get out of the house, eat candy with other women who feel guilty for eating the candy, get away from the family with other women who want to and desperately need to get away from the family, and everyone wins a prize! The real point is, you get to talk with people who walk in your shoes and you get to play a fun game while your at it. It's refreshing!
I joined the group when I was still single, just tagging along with my sister Jamie like ALWAYS (it's not a joke when she says "get friends" because I just use hers). But our Bunco group is so great! We are not catty and gossiping (well for the most part, I mean come on we are women) and we all are different ages, different place with kids, family, marriage, ect. so everyone has something to relate to and to share advice. It's not a high maintenance group, we start at 9 do a casual dessert and get to have a excuse to stay out late. One of the other great things about Bunco is you always win, sometimes you win big and sometimes you win small but hey you always go home with a prize. Which works great for me because my husband does not know that, so he just think I am dang good because I always come home with something :)
I won this cute "BOO" last night! I was very excited because I was going to buy it this weekend. See Bunco is freaking awesome. I also won a box of chocolates with it, but I am completely lacking self control and there are not chocolates to show.
So thank you to the gals that join me every month and make it so much fun. And we will be seeing my Bunco Buddies at my casa next month!

12 comments:

Meg said...

Oh how I miss Bunco! You are right it is FABULOUS!

gillman said...

amen kylie!!!
meg :0)

Sierra said...

I totally agree. Not that I'm actually cool enough to have a bunco group, but I think it's a great idea. I have a gourmet group that I started with about ten people, and it serves the purpose. Really, though. Everyone wins. What more do you need to say?

The Birds said...

Ok, so it was SUPER fun hanging out with you tonight!! I love that you and I and Annie just couldn't stop talking until freaking one in the morning - ahhh, brings back memories of all those sleep-overs I used to have with my girl friends!! Anyway, you are too cute and it really was a fun night, so I'm glad you came!! And little Irelyn was SUCH a little sweetie! I found your blog from Brooke and Jamie's blogs because I was so excited to find out you had one (I know I'm a blogger geek!). Anyway, if you don't mind I'd love to add you to our list so I can peek in on you every now and again (even though you live next door and I really should just knock on your door and say hey, what've you been up to!) Feel free to check us out too. It's: prestonchandiandfam.blogspot.com
Annie and I decided that we need to have more girls nights, so maybe we'll try and do dinner and a movie sometime!

~Chandi

Oh, and do you do Jamie's hair?? I was just peeking in on her blog too and her hair is always so dang cute. Can you make mine look that good too?!!!!

Anonymous said...

One of my greatest loves. You said it perfectly!!!

Mindy said...

Hi Kylie! I am Brandon's cousin, Mindy. I was at your wedding, but it's totally ok if you don't remember. I saw Brandon and your cutest baby ever at Justin's wedding. Anyways, I love your post about Bunco. We live in Alabama and we have a Bunco night every month too. It's so much fun! We all don't get prizes but we need to change that. :) It's at my house next month too, are you doing anything fun because it's Halloween? I think I am going to make everyone dress up..maybe. You guys are such a cute family! Keep in touch, I love seeing pictures of my cousin once removed? Not sure. :)

The Birds said...

Ok, so I know I already commented on this post, but you haven't posted again for me to comment on anything different - gosh!! Just kidding, but I was actually going to call you today and see when you worked next, but obviously never got around to it. I DESPERATELY need my hair done and would love for you to do it. The tricky part is finding a day that you work and Preston doesn't so I don't have to bring the girls. I'll try and give you a call tomorrow. Oh, and last night when Annie and I were out in the breeze way talking, just before you stepped out (I knew you heard us talking about you - no, kidding!) I was telling her how I told Preston about some of those GREAT stories you were telling us (wow, that's a lot of telling!) and then how I wished that I hadn't shared all of them so I could have used a specific tactic on him. Yeah, I really blew it!!! Anyway, I'd love to come get beautified, or let you at least try and help my current situation - yeah, I know you were looking at my roots - no, kidding again, it's all good. Ok, I'm just rambling now and this is like the longest comment ever, so I'll call you!
~Chandi

Oh, and I have been wanting to get my fall decorations out the last couple of days, but felt like my house was such a mess that I needed to clean up all the messes I already started before I got out another project and tonight when I took Olive out I noticed your adorable wreath hanging on your door and was inspired to really do it! So thanks! I LOVE the fall!

Saun and Wes said...

Irey is so cute! She is such a precious little girl. I love looking at her pics...and yours too ok. It is fun to look at your blog. I am so happy that you have such a wonderful little family. You totally deserve it. I loved seeing the pics of you and your hubby growing up too. Way fun!

Cami said...

I've never even heard of Bunco, but it sounds like lots of fun! And the BOO sign is adorable!!! Thanks so much for having seth over the other day for dinner. He is SO bord : ) I think it was good for him to get out of the house. When I get back we need to get together! ITs bben way tooo long!

The Johnson's said...

How fun to see the post on bunko. It is awesome and I am so glad that I was able to join the group.

Dave and Corey Johnson said...

We do have so much fun together. Bunco rocks.

Holly Walker-Thaxton said...

how do i become part of a bunco group?i wanna win cute stuff :)
love you missy.