Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Recap of the Last 23 Years

Brandon's birthday was a few days ago and I thought it would be fun to have a flash back of our childhood in honor of his 23rd birthday. It so fun to see what we both were doing at the same stages of our lives.

I know most of everyone says that Irelyn looks like her dad, yes she does have his head and his lips, but HELLO she TOTALLY has my eyes and my nose. There is some of her mama in there!

What a stud! I hope I get a boy as cute as this one. Wouldn't it be cool if you could go back in time and play with your spouse as a kid? Maybe I am weird for thinking that but Brandon would be a lot of fun!This is one of my favorites of me! Yes this was me at Christmas at 5 and I am sure if I took a picture this year at Christmas I would still have the same goofy/excited smile. I am still that 5 year old little girl!Always a missionary. Brandon didn't grow up in Utah so he really put this getup to use. When he was this age he was in trouble and got put in his room for time out, well it was quiet and his mom went to check on him and he escaped from his room. When she caught up with him he was returning from the neighbors (who were not LDS) in this suit with the name tag with the Book of Mormon in hand. He told his mom he went and told the neighbors about Joseph Smith. Yes he has always been a missionary, and yes he is still thinking of cleaver ways to get out of trouble. This one just so brings me back to childhood memories with my sisters. Way to many to share but so many good times. I treasure my sisters! Sorry Jenessa who was not included in this picture, your there is heart. Thanks to my sisters for making growing up so much fun!Brandon wrestled from the time he was 3 until he was in high school. I know he wishes he still could sometimes. But I love this picture cause he is so little and cute. I hope I get a son so I can have a cute picture just like this one!Oh Halloween. We were the Pink Ladies. I think this is 4th grade and our favorite movie was Grease. Childhood, what fun.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to say, I'm a little bit surprised. I thought Brandons baby picture would look more like Irey! But, you're right she does have your eyes and nose. I good little combination!

gillman said...

cute pix kylie!!
meg :0)

Meg said...

Kys.. oh how i remember all those days of your life!! You were so stinking cute and looked like a porcelin doll. I love you. Great memories!

Amy Jensen said...

So cute but I still think Ire looks like Brandon, well his sister anyway sorry! By the way I can't do this little tag b/c I don't have a scanner!

Cami said...

so fun! Love the blog...looks super cute! I Wish I could figure out whats wrong with my computer! Anyway, we need to get together!

Brooke said...

Nice trip down memory lane Kylie! Thanks for the tag, way to be a trend setter! I might be taking you up on the offer to use your scanner. Give me a few days and I promise I will give into your tag :)

Kylie Blackwell said...

Amy, Brooke, and Cami your are more then welcome to come pay me a fun little visit and use my totally awesome scanner!

Tiff said...

That is so funny I love it - I love your baby pic it totally looks just like you!

chadandsydney said...

I cant belive you are showing those pic's of you hair? Can you be a hair dresser if you have ever had that kind of hair and bows? Mental note never let you do my hair!!ha ha you should see my 6th grade pic i cut my own bangs while wet and needless to say i had short baby bangs..

Jill Peterson said...

It seems like yesterday that you girls were the pink ladies for Halloween! I had to laugh when I saw that Bree was so much taller than you other girls. I do not think she has grown any since then! I am so happy that you girls have had your babies and I can stop worrying about you. They are adorable! Boy what a difference a year makes!!! You have had a busy year.

Holly Walker-Thaxton said...

look how cute you are kylie! haha love it